Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SPOILERS] Ending discussion
Oliwarrior123 Offline

Threads: 9
Question  [SPOILERS] Ending discussion

Hey all SOMA players,

I was wondering about the ending, and would like to hear your points on what the continuiation of the game would be.

Also, is the Simon on the ARK Simon #4, he is, right?

I thought that maybe, Simon would go back to Simon #2 (the one you could either let him live or kill after changing suit), i choose to let him live, so that might be a possible continuiation or surrender to the WAU (as i didn't destroy it).

Your thoughts on this?

The Simon in the end in the Pilot seat is Simon #3 btw. Big Grin
10-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: [SPOILERS] Ending discussion

Yeah, it's Simon #4, since he's like "Did we make it?" when he wakes up in the pilot seat in the ARK. That would be Simon's immediate reaction to making it to the ARK. The game just decided to stick with Simon #3 so you'll see the depressing end of him, and then go to #4 after the credits for a happy end, sort of.

If there ever will be a DLC about SOMA, I'm thinking it'll be a prequel, since stuff started going bad long before Simon #2 woke up. Many things went unanswered, such as how Reed ended up in the pilot seat in Upsilon, that Simon #2 later "possesses".
Though if there's going to be a sequel DLC, it's probably got something to do with the ARK or a new protagonist completely, because sticking with Simon #2 would make your choice (if you killed him) non-canon and meaningless. Killing or sparing the WAU would also probably affect the DLC a lot and one of the choices would have to be canon, so I doubt it'll take place in Pathos-II if it's a sequel.

10-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I'm pretty confident there will be a DLC or expansion for SOMA.

I also confident it won't be about SIMON but more like Justine - different character.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Find
jamman39 Offline

Threads: 0

Maybe, some DLC that explains how Reed wound up in a Pilot's seat in a different station with most of her head missing and a big computer piece forced through the top of it, in a diving suit filled with structural gel, w/ a battery and another dude's brain(scan) stuck in it?

Seems there is a lot of her story that we still don't know, and I'd like an answer or two
10-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Find
globalnode Offline

(10-05-2015, 08:03 PM)Oliwarrior123 Wrote: I thought that maybe, Simon would go back to Simon #2 (the one you could either let him live or kill after changing suit), i choose to let him live, so that might be a possible continuiation or surrender to the WAU (as i didn't destroy it).

I prefer if Simon #3 get back to Omicron site, find some Structure gel and repair Catherine's Cortex chip and then erase Simons #2 Cortex chip and upload Catherine to Simon #2. Then they both return to Theta and move ARK prototype to site Upsilon (ARK needs external power source). Also they can construct VLF transceiver and start CQ'ing for rest of mankind (I am sure that Pathos-II crew is not last survivors, because in every country must be bunkers, submarines, other underwater bases) and possibly scans them and put into the ARK prototype
11-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-08-2015, 02:35 AM)jamman39 Wrote: Maybe, some DLC that explains how Reed wound up in a Pilot's seat in a different station with most of her head missing and a big computer piece forced through the top of it, in a diving suit filled with structural gel, w/ a battery and another dude's brain(scan) stuck in it?

Seems there is a lot of her story that we still don't know, and I'd like an answer or two

The "Transmission" series kinda explained that.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Find
globalnode Offline

(11-08-2015, 11:24 AM)Kein Wrote: The "Transmission" series kinda explained that.

Not enough. The "Transmission" series explained how Reed get into Upsilon site. But it did not explain how she get into the pilot seat with outer suit. In series she died near helmet and she was in inner suit. In the end of Transmission we see Reed №2 (ARK simulation).
11-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Find