Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Price!
Cuttsy18 Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia Price!

Hey guys, I'm not sure if the devs or other Frictional Games team members read this, but the pricing on their new title "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is crazy!

I loved the Penumbra series and honestly I would pay full price for this new game. Most new games these days are $100 or more. Obviously the $20 pricing will encourage more people to atleast "try" the game if they're new to it, but to all the loyal customers I'm sure they'd happily pay much more than $20 for such a great looking game.
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia Price!

I was honestly expecting a $30-40 price point, with hope that it'd be $30. So to come in at $20, and even $16 for prepurchasers was a really nice surprise. Thank you Frictional, and I hope the low price point gets the sales you guys deserve!
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Find
Akong Offline

Not many people would pay full price for a pre-order of a game they haven't heard of from an independent developer, of whose games they haven't played any of.

Having a cult following means some people will pay really high prices, but a lot of people won't pay anything at all.
02-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Find
FreundHein Offline

Threads: 0

I thought Amnesia would cost more, too. 12,50€ is really well priced, so I pre-ordered it directly. Almost couldn't believe it. So, hopefully it pushes sales.

I agree with you, Akong. I think with a price like that, more people will give it a try. Full priced it would be mostly fans of the Penumbra games buying Amnesia and I don't know if that would be as good as a lower price and hopefully more buyers.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2010, 10:02 PM by Seph.)
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Find
Akong Offline

(02-28-2010, 09:58 PM)FreundHein Wrote: I thought Amnesia would cost more, too. 12,50€ is really well priced, so I pre-ordered it directly. Almost couldn't believe it. So, hopefully it pushes sales.

I agree with you, Akong. I think with a price like that, more people will give it a try. Full priced it would be mostly fans of the Penumbra games buying Amnesia and I don't know if that would be as good as a lower price and hopefully more buyers.
I can not guarantee that I would have pre-ordered if the price was that of any other game, mainly because I usually don't pre-order anything, especially at such an early stage. I'd need a lot more convincing in any case.

When a developer is just starting out, having only released a single series, which is considered very good but by very few people, their main focus is to gain attention, not money. The money comes later.
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

If you feel like paying more you can always pre-order more copies.
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Find