Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress My Dearest Pig
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112
My Dearest Pig

[Image: eSlCIWo.jpg]

I present to you my newest project called My Dearest Pig. This is a Custom Story for Amnesia:The Dark Descent. The Machine For Pigs game might be required to play this.
This is not a "You wake up, naked flying men, cliche horror, basic maps with 3 models kind of custom story."

STORY

You are a man returning from a hard day at work. As soon as you come home you sense not everything is like it used to be when you left. Something isn't right.

GAMEPLAY

Easy puzzles, No running away from creepy monsters, no lantarn, reveal the store of
the character you're playing by looking around.

Custom stuff?

This mod will have quite a bit of custom entities, static objects, music, sounds etc.
We've all seen the vanille stuff over a hundred times before and they're not original anymore. It's a mix of both.

ENVIRONMENT

Expect to see a mixture of realism and fantasy. So lighting might not be what you're expecting.

VOICE ACTORS?

I am in need of two voice actors. One female and one adult male voice.
If you're interested in helping me with this little project leave a message down here or PM me!

SCREENSHOTS

Perhaps these sneak peaks might convince you Smile

[Image: lTAWYVI.jpg]

[Image: kblGha1.jpg]

Stay tuned for more!

[Image: FkkXyYl.jpg]

[Image: 35OyTPl.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 12:00 PM by goodcap.)
12-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3
RE: My Dearest Pig

Sounds promising!

Always nice to see that people are still creating mods for amnesia.

As for: "Expect to see a mixture of realism and fantasy. So lighting might not be what you're expecting." you still might want to consider adding a bit more light to your maps. Good lighting can greatly improve the looks and depth of your map. I suggest adding a dark box light (set the R/G/B values to something like 0.07 / 0.07 / 0.07) to erase pitch black spots in your map.
For lamps I recommend adding a point light with a bigger radius than the one of the lamp but with less brightness. This creates a more realistic look and will give the player the opportunity to actually be able to see your new models Wink

I'm looking forward to see your mod finished, keep at it!

[Image: 18694.png]
12-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

Someone said the magic words!! I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED! XD

If you need any help with voice over, feel free to shoot me a PM.

12-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Find
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112

[Image: JQd8b24.jpg]

[Image: 7qF8Qs1.jpg]

[Image: bF5H8DL.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 03:42 PM by goodcap.)
12-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Definitely use more lighting. When you inspect the original Dark Descent maps, even the ones that seem pitch black (like the prison) have big point lights, but colored brown or almost black.
Second thing is that the player only will notice the darkness if they have some contrasting light, either in previous room or map, or even in the same room.
Seriously, use light. It's pretty much the most developed thing in HPL2 engine.

As for other advice:
Ever heard about decals ? They're somewhere on the left bar in the level editor.
They are things that kind of "stick" to other textures (on walls, floor, ceiling...), they can be blood, dirt, hay, footprints, writings, holes and wood defects etc.
In practice: you need to put a considerable amount of dirt stain decal everywhere to make seemingly empty places (like most of the floor) much more interesting to look at. Make sure to change the "UV SubDivisions" to 2x2 or higher so the texture isn't cut in half.

You also said:
"This is a Custom Story for Amnesia:The Dark Descent. The Machine For Pigs game might be required to play this."
That doesn't work this way. It only works for Amnesia: Justine, as it is installed INTO the Dark Descent (DD for short).
However DD and Machine for Pigs (MFP) aren't interconnected with each other in any way. Therefore you'll need to place all files from MFP that you used in the Custom Story folder, so that DD can read them

01-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Find