Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters in the game (A bit spoilerish?)
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7
Monsters in the game (A bit spoilerish?)

Ohkay, so I've bumped a few times into these creatures which happen to be the game's enemies but once I hide inside the corner of a room and they go away it seems like they simply disappear...Yes, I just met one
Spoiler below!
in the storage
and I'm not moving an inch untill someone confirms that they either disappear or they're moving about somewhere.Also, Oil is rare as hell in this game.
09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Monsters in the game (A bit spoilerish?)

seems that freaks appears directly from air, espesially from your back..

scary, agrhhhhhhhhhAngel
09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Find
Youcef Offline

Threads: 5

I think the monsters disappear, but they may reappear. So my advice is to stay hidden for a moment, the time that music return to normal, then you can go out there and being sure that the monster is gone. However, stay alert, the monster can get back where you expect it the least.

09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Website Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

How comforting Confused
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Find
dufake Offline

Threads: 0

That's the main difference between Penumbra.

Penumbra series' monsters are still fresh.
They could be trapped or what, but Amnesia's monsters are much like ghosts.

They are smartly scripted, so we always found them disappear in thin air.

The old tactic doesn't work now.
An improvement of the horror aspect, but I really want to see more advanced AI behaviors in games.
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-08-2010, 05:00 PM)dufake Wrote: They are smartly scripted, so we always found them disappear in thin air.

Well, at one point I started to follow one of the monsters and it stopped right in front of a door. I heard that it "left" the room which loads another level, but it just dissapeared in front of me (not the dust way, which was in the demo). Which I thought was pretty funny. Tongue

In my opinion, would be better if they at least stay in the room as long as we can see them and disappear when we're not seeing them (...or maybe it was just this one place that it happens).

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Website Find
xMrAx Offline

Threads: 1

Here is my little story:

I was at the end of the storage and just picked up the two rods. I heard a crash but ignored it since I thought it was just background noise. Earlier I had opened a door where a monster was hiding, quickly shut it when it saw me and covered the door in as many barrels, boxes, and general heavy things as possible. As I returned to this room I didn't notice at first, but the door was wide open and the boxes and barrels had been knocked everywhere. As soon as I noticed this I heard moaning, the sound of a saw hitting flesh, and my screen turned red. The thing had gotten out and had been hiding behind me.

I screamed(a manly scream) and fell out of my chair. My roommate came in running thinking there was a fire or something. This game = awesomesauce.
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Find
Kato Offline

Threads: 2

I'm at the exact part, in the storage room.

The monster seems to just be circling the main cellar, and I'm not getting any saner sitting here in the dark.

Will he disappear, or do I need to find a way around him?
09-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

(09-09-2010, 06:13 AM)Kato Wrote: I'm at the exact part, in the storage room.

The monster seems to just be circling the main cellar, and I'm not getting any saner sitting here in the dark.

Will he disappear, or do I need to find a way around him?

Sneak by him if you can, if he sees you. Just run, and keep running until you get back to the entry hall. I don't think they can follow you through those doors that require a load.
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler tagged because it might dramatically change the way you approach the game!

Spoiler below!
In my experience, the monsters seem to appear, walk around for a moment then disappear as though they were never there. It's a great way of keeping the player on edge without punishing them for having run out of oil or tinder. Until, of course, they realize that the monsters are gone and that they can run willy-nilly.
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Find