Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Yep, it's this thread again: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0
mansarde Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Yep, it's this thread again: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

@Projectfaded:
So it's Frictional Games' fault when you don't bother to check the requirements for the game before buying it?
It clearly says on their website "Video Card: Radeon HD/GeForce 6" and the "info!" message says:
Quote:Integrated graphics, such as the Intel GMA 950, might not work. Low cost video cards may perform worse, or not work at all, even if they are much newer than old cards such as the Radeon 9600 (released 2003).

Radeon 9600-9800 should work, X100 and X1000 series should work with the exception of lower end cards.

And even if you did check, or have another graphics card, the fact that every computer can have multiple setups (hardware- and software-wise) it is IMPOSSIBLE to GUARANTEE it will immediately run without problems on your system. They can't testrun their game on every possible setup, but they do their best and give as much information and help as they can.

Come on, be fair. Your frustration is understandable and the need to vent or find a scapegoat is oftentimes uncontrollable, but it's not their fault really.
09-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Find
SteveFox Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Yep, it's this thread again: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

(09-18-2010, 08:47 AM)mansarde Wrote: @Projectfaded:
So it's Frictional Games' fault when you don't bother to check the requirements for the game before buying it?
It clearly says on their website "Video Card: Radeon HD/GeForce 6" and the "info!" message says:
Quote:Integrated graphics, such as the Intel GMA 950, might not work. Low cost video cards may perform worse, or not work at all, even if they are much newer than old cards such as the Radeon 9600 (released 2003).

Radeon 9600-9800 should work, X100 and X1000 series should work with the exception of lower end cards.

And even if you did check, or have another graphics card, the fact that every computer can have multiple setups (hardware- and software-wise) it is IMPOSSIBLE to GUARANTEE it will immediately run without problems on your system. They can't testrun their game on every possible setup, but they do their best and give as much information and help as they can.

Come on, be fair. Your frustration is understandable and the need to vent or find a scapegoat is oftentimes uncontrollable, but it's not their fault really.

No.
Its very understandable behaviour. They have taken money for a product which is simply unusable; I too have fallen into the same trap. It is actual bullshit to say buying and upgrading to an amazing set up will not allow the game to simply "work," yes it should.

IF the developers had kept to direct sales and such; as a small company a problem like this would be acceptable. That's why similar companies fail. To release a game with such structured "requirements" on steam is utter naive stupidity. Congratulations IF, YOU got the game to work.

THEY programmed the game. it is THEIR fault of such utter shit compatibility. THOUSANDS of people have the same problem as me, the original poster and the ranter; and each of those people have spent anything from £6.50 - £15 for the privilege of unusable code. So lets face it they're getting money for nothing.

It is an amazing game and concept.
It should be an epic experience.
but fuck me how shit can you get? "I'm sorry but this MASSIVE MARKET SECTION can have fuck all, but we'll take money"

Its been months; it needs sorting; it needs updating. Its a pathetic joke.

UTTER BS.
12-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

It's your own damn fault for not checking the requirements. It's utterly stupid to assume that anything on steam will run without flaws. They even provide a free demo.

12-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Find
SteveFox Offline

(12-26-2010, 09:57 PM)xiphirx Wrote: It's your own damn fault for not checking the requirements. It's utterly stupid to assume that anything on steam will run without flaws. They even provide a free demo.

My hardware IS of the stated requirements and I've still got all the same random bullshit problems after days of doing every single "fix". No matter what you say; it is simply an utterly shambolic coded release.

The game as stated is awesome.

The execution and launch coding and specific requirements are bollocks.
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Again you have to remember that Frictional Games is 5 guys. That's it. They cannot afford to test various systems, etc.

I had no problems whatsoever. Plus 99% of the problems reported here are because the OP didn't check the requirements, and their system is too weak to run the game.

12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Find
Naustix Offline

(12-26-2010, 09:51 PM)SteveFox Wrote:
(09-18-2010, 08:47 AM)mansarde Wrote: @Projectfaded:

No.
Its very understandable behaviour. They have taken money for a product which is simply unusable; I too have fallen into the same trap. It is actual bullshit to say buying and upgrading to an amazing set up will not allow the game to simply "work," yes it should.

IF the developers had kept to direct sales and such; as a small company a problem like this would be acceptable. That's why similar companies fail. To release a game with such structured "requirements" on steam is utter naive stupidity. Congratulations IF, YOU got the game to work.

THEY programmed the game. it is THEIR fault of such utter shit compatibility. THOUSANDS of people have the same problem as me, the original poster and the ranter; and each of those people have spent anything from £6.50 - £15 for the privilege of unusable code. So lets face it they're getting money for nothing.

It is an amazing game and concept.
It should be an epic experience.
but fuck me how shit can you get? "I'm sorry but this MASSIVE MARKET SECTION can have fuck all, but we'll take money"

Its been months; it needs sorting; it needs updating. Its a pathetic joke.

UTTER BS.

I have also just recently purchased this game as well, after seeing what it is. How soon can we expect either frictional or intel to do something about this? Either Intel needs to upgrade or frictional has to do something with the game. After reading this post, it can't just be like this forever can it?
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

Wait wait what?

People are here making angry posts about themselves not checking the system requirements, and trying to run a graphically intense game on hardware that can barely run windows?

Intel GMAs (And integrated cards in general) are not designed to handle these kind of things. Nothing Frictional or Intel can do will change the shortcomings of hardware that is not meant to, or capable of handling this.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM by Sel.)
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Should have tried to demo, it was free.

12-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Website Find
crwarrior Offline

i have a dell laptop with a intel graphics card in it, and i regret buying this thing. it is a very good laptop, and can run every single game, but this intel graphics card is just slowing it down. Im also getting this error from amnesia, and i have figure out that your graphics card needs to be dedicated. so your graphics is not sharing with your motherboard. your computer has nothing wrong with it and im sure you could run it; i just hate how people always say this game is too good for your computer. because it really is not, my friends laptop was running amnesia on highest settings and it wasnt even a good laptop. but it did have a dedicated graphics card.... you can however go to best buy or somewhere and get this switched so it will be dedicated...or you can just buy a new graphics card...good luck
01-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Do you know what a GPU and CPU; and what they do?

01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Website Find