Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
DELETED
vanjavk Offline

Threads: 5
Heart  DELETED

I don't know how to delete the thread so I will just say: DELETED xD
Anyway check out: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5019.html

vanjavk
09-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Find
Hannibal Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My "Escape The Room" map, actually rooms...

I'm sorry, I didn't enjoy your custom story very much. I'm not sure whether this is the sort of feedback you want, but I will seek to explain why which may help you improve it.

+ A disappearing monster breaks the game rules without any reason.
+ No plot or storyline to immerse me in the experience.
+ No puzzle to wrap my brain around.
+ "Outside" was just a big white room with suite of armor.
+ I'm not sure whether I finished your custom story or not--in the intro you hint at no clear ending. I found 2 unusable keys, had 2 monster encounters, and stacked boxes to get into the overhead area. I opened every drawer, threw every object, etc. If I *DID* finish your level, some ending info would be great. If I *DIDN'T* finish your level then a memento or journal note hint would be nice.
09-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Find
vanjavk Offline

Threads: 5

(09-27-2010, 12:35 AM)Hannibal Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't enjoy your custom story very much. I'm not sure whether this is the sort of feedback you want, but I will seek to explain why which may help you improve it.

+ A disappearing monster breaks the game rules without any reason.
+ No plot or storyline to immerse me in the experience.
+ No puzzle to wrap my brain around.
+ "Outside" was just a big white room with suite of armor.
+ I'm not sure whether I finished your custom story or not--in the intro you hint at no clear ending. I found 2 unusable keys, had 2 monster encounters, and stacked boxes to get into the overhead area. I opened every drawer, threw every object, etc. If I *DID* finish your level, some ending info would be great. If I *DIDN'T* finish your level then a memento or journal note hint would be nice.
ending of story is when you get locked in the room and monsters kill you. And one key opens ceiling when you pick it. other 2 are for door that get lock when step near it and other one is for "exit" i wanted to add a note and a ending but i don't know script very well, this is my first map next will be much better.

vanjavk
09-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Find
mastersmith98 Offline

Threads: 3

Hey so I just finished it and while I like the idea you were going for, you might want to change some stuff up.

Here were my problems with it.

-The monster at the beginning seems kind of pointless along with the monsters later on. I stood in the shadows for a few moments thinking I had to come up with some clever way around it. You can still use the idea of a fake monster or something like it, but starting the player off staring at one isn't a good idea and it comes off very forced.

-Put some lights into your map and give me a lantern! Quit teasing me with oil and giving me the impression that there's going to be a lantern in one of the drawers. It became frustrating fumbling in the dark for the items I was looking for, especially the last part. Trying to stack boxes while losing your mind isn't the easiest thing to do.

-Speaking of, the big crate was a bitch to get on with the ceiling so low. Either try raising the ceiling up or make the box unmovable so you don't have to move it to the exact right position.

-Make the player have to actively use the keys on doors or other objects. I tried using the keys on a everything looking for the right place to use them on not knowing what it would open (an item description for the keys would also help here).

-Think of some ways to extend your map and make it more than just "get key to open door." There's not enough content to engage the player for too long and it's very one offish. Have some more complicated puzzles, or require the player to shift through objects, like in an escape the room game, to look for objects needed in a puzzle.

Overall I thought it was a good idea and there was good intent behind it, there's just something lacking in the execution. Keep working on this concept and I think you'll have something really cool to show off. : )

Join the Amnesia Modders group on Moddb!
10-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Find
Dicemaster Offline

Threads: 1
RE: DELETED

Sad. i rly would like to test it Sad
looking forward for the next map of urs :3
11-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Find