Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA Was My First REAL Let's Play
oversoul53 Offline

Threads: 3
Video  SOMA Was My First REAL Let's Play

I know I've talked a lot before about how the Soma music videos I made with Funky Hurdles were inspired by my let's play of the game.

I toyed with the idea of Let's Plays when the PS4 first came out and had live streaming but it wasn't until I watched Markiplier play until dawn that I was truly inspired to start Let's Plays myself. The very first game I decided to play? Soma. And I must say it is to this day in my favorite horror game of all time. I also like how it's entirely plausible how the science fiction aspect isn't too far-fetched considering the technology we have these days. It's the psychological horror the implications and the just general messed up ideas about this game that are more horrifying than any jumpscare could ever be.

Being my first let's play I didn't have recording equipment at the time so I just use the PS4 live streaming feature which at the time was less than adequate but I managed. Since it was also my first real let's play I was also a lot quicker too react to things and wasn't fully comfortable in my own skin yet especially at the parts where the game scared me out of it LOL. It's been almost a year now and my content and my personality has drastically improved. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I've suffered a lot of loss this year a lot of friends who backstabbed me and stuff like that but it gave me the motivation I need to push forward and really try my hand at this.

Anyways it all started with Soma so I just wanted to share that with fellow frictional games fans just in case any of you wanted to check out my let's play and maybe you enjoy it and maybe you watch other stuff? Who knows?

Anyways. Enjoy :-)

Let's Play "SOMA": http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT...6NRdGKEFZ_

That's the link to the playlist

If you don't want to watch the whole thing and you would rather just see the highlights or the jump-scares there is a seven-minute reaction compilation instead:

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/nkGfQL3Sdfw[/video]

I apologize for some of the over animated reactions as I said before I was still figuring myself out and this was my first real horror game.

If you watch any of this please give me some feedback and let me know what you think I'm always looking for constructive criticism and ways to improve and grow
09-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Find