Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old amnesia complete asset
Seneth Offline

Threads: 9
old amnesia complete asset

its possible to convert all amnesia object together? there is amnesia mod but few objects. just castlebase and cellar base. but no dungeon and another.. I want to make amnesia style of level but with SOMA engine Smile
02-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: old amnesia complete asset

(02-18-2017, 03:19 PM)Seneth Wrote: its possible to convert all amnesia object together? there is amnesia mod but few objects. just castlebase and cellar base. but no dungeon and another.. I want to make amnesia style of level but with SOMA engine Smile

It's certainly possible for anyone willing to put in the work. Many of the entities can almost be imported as-is, but a lot also require slight tweaking. At the worst, though, the models and textures all use more or less the same formats, so if you wanted you could recreate the entities in SOMA using the Model Editor.

That being said, if all you are going to do is create an Amnesia custom story in SOMA, I'd recommend just sticking to Amnesia. The new graphics upgrades and shaders in HPL3 really bring out the flaws and datedness in the Amnesia assets, especially if you use SOMA assets alongside them.

02-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Find
Seneth Offline

Threads: 9
RE: old amnesia complete asset

(02-18-2017, 03:40 PM)Abion47 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 03:19 PM)Seneth Wrote: its possible to convert all amnesia object together? there is amnesia mod but few objects. just castlebase and cellar base. but no dungeon and another.. I want to make amnesia style of level but with SOMA engine Smile

It's certainly possible for anyone willing to put in the work. Many of the entities can almost be imported as-is, but a lot also require slight tweaking. At the worst, though, the models and textures all use more or less the same formats, so if you wanted you could recreate the entities in SOMA using the Model Editor.

That being said, if all you are going to do is create an Amnesia custom story in SOMA, I'd recommend just sticking to Amnesia. The new graphics upgrades and shaders in HPL3 really bring out the flaws and datedness in the Amnesia assets, especially if you use SOMA assets alongside them.
ok thank you... btw will you make some new projects? like airlock or elevator wich you already did?
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 04:02 PM by Seneth.)
02-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Find