Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Graphics card error?
Mini Gun Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Graphics card error?

Hey there. My issue is that Amnesia is not recognizing my GPU. When I open the launcher it's appears my GPU in video device but when I click detect it says card not listed. And when I run the game it chooses Intel graphics. I updated the gpu drivers to the latest, in GPU control panel I set every amnesia batch to GPU. I did what I can on the troubleshoot from this support. Can someone help me what can I do?

Oh and in last year it was running with GPU just fine, but now... meh.
01-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Graphics card error?

Do you have a laptop with an integrated Intel GPU as well as a dedicated GPU?
I know some GPUs just aren't listed for the launcher and won't be recognized, but will still work fine in-game, but it sounds like your PC is choosing the wrong GPU. You should be able to adjust that in the GPU control panel as you mentioned.

Can you attach the HPL.log file from Document\Amnesia\Main?

01-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Find
Mini Gun Offline

Yes I have Intel GPU and Nvidia GPU, but I did change the settings in Nvidia control panel, but when I launch the game it's like it switch again to Intel GPU.

Here's my hpl.log

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.06 KB / Downloads: 156)
01-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I don't see anything immediately wrong, but I can see that the game is launched with your Nvidia GPU, not the Intel one. Must be something else.

Since you say the issue just occurred, it might be something wrong with the driver you updated to. If possible, I'd try downgrading to a previous version you know worked. This is especially relevant because I see you use version 4.6 of OpenGL, which I haven't seen before today, so I presume it was recently released. That could easily mean there are issues with it or perhaps Amnesia struggles to deal with it.

01-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Find
Mini Gun Offline

Ok I just launch the game and hit the Windows bottom and with Ctrl+Shift+Escape I can see the Performance of the CPU. GPU etc. And when I launch the game, both GPU's (Nvidia and Intel ) are high. Is this normal?
01-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I'm not sure actually. I don't see why the Intel one would be even in use at all. You sure it's not talking about the Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU?

01-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Find
SteveR Offline

(01-01-2018, 06:52 PM)Mini Gun Wrote: Hey there. My issue is that Amnesia is not recognizing my GPU. When I open the launcher it's appears my GPU in video device but when I click detect it says card not listed. And when I run the game it chooses Intel graphics. I updated the gpu drivers to the latest, in GPU control panel I set every amnesia batch to GPU. I did what I can on the troubleshoot from this support. Can someone help me what can I do?

Oh and in last year it was running with GPU just fine, but now... meh.

Hello!

Just wanted to bring this thread to your attention and see if this was any help to you.

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid277040

Just for clarity - is the game actually running for you? The log file looks like its picking up your nvidia chipset just fine, but you say that is not the case so some more info will help diagnose your problem Smile
01-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Find
Mini Gun Offline

yeah I tried everything and nothing solved the issue. I sent a message to Nvidia that the OpenGL version is bugging the Amnesia.
02-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Find
strfi12 Offline

Threads: 0

Maybe the problem is in power setup management? I really like to play games so why I buy wow gold https://mmoauctions.com/world-of-warcraft/gold a lot and one day I forgot to switch my laptop from power saver mode. It was not working well.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 05:45 PM by strfi12.)
06-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Find