Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOMA Searching for Dialogue Transcription
michipwind Offline

Threads: 1
SOMA Searching for Dialogue Transcription

Hello my fellow friends of good video games.
I am writing a term paper for my university course "Introduction to Literary Studies II" here
at the Karl-Franzens University in Graz, Austria, and I decided to take on the narrative situation in SOMA, one of the stories that fascinated me the most in the last years.
Now it would really help me a lot if i could somehow get my hands on a transcription of the dialogue that happens in-game. I have searched the internet, i have called frictional games and they said i should either write them an e-mail, or ask nicely in the forums. But they did say that such a document exists.
Is there a transcription, a text document, of the dialogue? Could somebody be so nice and send it to me? It would really help, because otherwise i can either play to the part of the game, or look it up on a Let's Play, which is both tedious as i want to quote the dialogue many times.
Write me a PM and i will send you my e-mail adress!
Kind regards and thanks in advance,
Michael Windisch

P.S.: I hope i posted this into the right thread
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 05:24 PM by michipwind.)
01-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Find
Draugemalf Offline

Threads: 7
RE: SOMA Dialogue Transcription

Each map should have it's own lang file that contains all the dialogue inside it.
If you want terminal stuff then you can find it in config/lang_main/english.lang
You can open the lang files as XML documents in notepad++

01-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Find
michipwind Offline

Threads: 1
RE: SOMA Searching for Dialogue Transcription

(01-14-2018, 05:26 PM)Draugemalf Wrote: Each map should have it's own lang file that contains all the dialogue inside it.
If you want terminal stuff then you can find it in config/lang_main/english.lang
You can open the lang files as XML documents in notepad++

Its true, I can find all the dialogue in there.
Thank you, that's really helpful and basically what i have been searching for!
01-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Find