Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help What are the map_name.nodes files for?
Buchka123 Offline

Threads: 8
What are the map_name.nodes files for?

I noticed that most of original Amnesia maps has additional file like level_name.nodes. So the question what are these files for and how to use it in my cs?
03-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: What are the map_name.nodes files for?

They are cache files for your pathnodes in the level, which are used by enemies to navigate around the map. You don't need to explicitly "use" them, because the game will generate them for you when your map is loaded for the first time in Amnesia, and will do all the handling for you.

All that is required of you is to place Pathnodes down in the Level Editor, and if wanted, declare a path for your enemies using script.

I don't believe PosNodes are included in the nodes file, though I would have to check.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Find
Buchka123 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: What are the map_name.nodes files for?

(03-23-2018, 05:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: They are cache files for your pathnodes in the level, which are used by enemies to navigate around the map. You don't need to explicitly "use" them, because the game will generate them for you when your map is loaded for the first time in Amnesia, and will do all the handling for you.

All that is required of you is to place Pathnodes down in the Level Editor, and if wanted, declare a path for your enemies using script.

I don't believe PosNodes are included in the nodes file, though I would have to check.
Thanks.
03-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Find