Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is the protagonist of the tech demo ever given a name?
Haimatsu Offline

Threads: 4
Is the protagonist of the tech demo ever given a name?

It really bothers me how people call the protagonist of the tech demo "Philip." They're... as different as can be. I always thought the protagonist of the tech demo was American (He sounds the part, and protagonists in horror games are typically American), has comparatively dark-toned skin, dark brown hair, his attire is completely different, and his personality in the tech demo has always come across to me as incredibly detached (With the exception of his encounter with the Roach), the opposite of Philip who, while cynical, always seems concerned about everything around him. Philip is English, white, has blonde hair, and blue eyes. Tell me, with the exception of both of their daddies running off to a cave somewhere in Northern Greenland before they were even born, how are these characters similar?

Maybe I missed it, but I have never seen Frictional Games give the protagonist of the tech demo an official name, let alone "Philip."

[Image: zUVqXz]
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 06:20 PM by Haimatsu.)
06-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
vesikko Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 7
RE: Is the protagonist of the tech demo ever given a name?

Hey!

I asked around the team that was around during Penumbra. The protagonist used to have some backstory, and possibly a name, but it has now been lost to time. It's not 100% certain, but he was probably called Philip in the tech demo times too.

Your friendly neighbour the community manager.
06-11-2018, 02:47 PM
Find Reply