Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom hands
Tgif11210 Offline

Threads: 1
Custom hands

Alright, so I'm looking to mod Amnesia a bit to freshen up the aesthetic, I would like to change up the hands that you use when holding the lantern. Does anyone know how I could change these? I've done some experiments with the model editor, although whenever I import the custom arm over the old one my game crashes, any tips? (Also, do note that the hand itself doesn't match up with the bones either, although it does use them if that makes sense, any bit of help would be appreciated)
09-09-2018, 04:20 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Custom hands

Only thing I can suggest is to carefully inspect how the hand is tied up with the lantern. Use the AMFP hand model as reference to point out similarities and differences. It might be something simple like requiring a joint with a specific name for anchor points.

Maybe also take a look at the custom flashlight hand model people sometimes use. That one has managed to replace the hand model, so it might be a good reference to use.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018, 04:29 PM by Mudbill.)
09-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Find
Tgif11210 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Custom hands

Alright, thanks for the info, however the hand I was using was a teletubby hand, it's about the same length as the normal hand that amnesia uses. But, I'll tinker more with this and let you know if i'm able to get any success with this.

Regards.
09-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Find