Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Level Editor coldly crashes?
Verkehr Offline

Threads: 13
Question  Level Editor coldly crashes?

So, I didn't use the custom story tools for a LOOOONG time and decided to get my hands on them again, however, when trying to launch the level editor, it just glitches out. I use the Steam version and have the editor content extracted in the root, which is for me:
Quote:D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\

This is truly my first time using the mod tools on Amnesia on a drive other than C:\ . Can I maybe upload an error log or something of the likes?
11-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Level Editor coldly crashes?

I use the same path and it works here. So perhaps a screenshot or description of "glitching out" would be helpful, or the LevelEditor.log file from Documents\HPL2\ if that's available.

11-19-2018, 11:45 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

(11-19-2018, 11:45 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I use the same path and it works here. So perhaps a screenshot or description of "glitching out" would be helpful, or the LevelEditor.log file from Documents\HPL2\ if that's available.

Here is a video showcasing the glitch:

https://youtu.be/fe8U95J9drg

And the log is attached here.

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 5.81 KB / Downloads: 114)
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 03:10 PM by Verkehr.)
11-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

Well, here's some fun information:

During the recording of the video, I had to record it twice. The first didn't record fully, somehow. Inside of the first recording, Amnesia as the game didn't want to launch.

Since I posted the reply above, I went to make Steam check if everything is there. Of course, 3 files were missing.

After downloading them, both the editor and game work without flaws.

Well, sorry for the trouble. I don't know honestly what could go missing. I DID delete some files before (after incorrectly installing a custom story), but then, I instantly verified the game files and they all got downloaded. Can you maybe find out what did go missing? Thanks in advance.
11-20-2018, 03:17 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Hard to say but perhaps a DLL file was missing or corrupt. Looks like it might've failed to load the UI skin of the editors and thus crashed. That's at least something it mentioned in the log file.

11-22-2018, 09:46 PM
Find