Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Help] Compiling Penumbra - VS 2017 Error
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
[Help] Compiling Penumbra - VS 2017 Error

Hi, after usccessfully reinstalling my Windows 10 from scratch I managed to fic quite alot of bugs in VS. I tried opening and compiling the sources in VS 2017 and both HPL1Engine and OALWrapper compiled fine under VS 2017 but for some reason Penumbra source fails with this error.

https://pasteboard.co/HUkmafj.png

Please help me fix this thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 09:44 PM by Erik The Born.)
12-31-2018, 08:45 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: [Help] Compiling Penumbra - VS 2017 Error

Can't see the huge ass image link

We are in the same boat, i'm also trying to compile the source but in VS2015, after some internet search was able to make everything compile minus the penumbra.exe, get two linking errors:

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnprintf Penumbra
H:\UnamedGame\PenumbraOverture\angelscript.lib(as_string.obj) 1

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnprintf Penumbra H:\UnamedGame\PenumbraOverture\angelscript.lib(as_string_util.obj) 1

This seems to be caused by the very old angelscript.lib and unfortunatly using a modern lib causes many compilation errors, so right now it seems i can't compile the engine. Sad
12-31-2018, 08:58 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(12-31-2018, 08:58 PM)Argoon Wrote: Can't see the huge ass image link

We are in the same boat, i'm also trying to compile the source but in VS2015, after some internet search was able to make everything compile minus the penumbra.exe, get two linking errors:

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnprintf Penumbra
H:\UnamedGame\PenumbraOverture\angelscript.lib(as_string.obj) 1

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnprintf Penumbra H:\UnamedGame\PenumbraOverture\angelscript.lib(as_string_util.obj) 1

This seems to be caused by the very old angelscript.lib and unfortunatly using a modern lib causes many compilation errors, so right now it seems i can't compile the engine. Sad

Damn man, now what? I can't do anything fun with Penumbra right now sadly then.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 09:46 PM by Erik The Born.)
12-31-2018, 09:46 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

The DirectX libraries you are using are compiled with an older version of Visual Studio than you are using. Microsoft sometimes makes changes to their C runtime, creating incompatibilities between libraries compiled with different versions. __vsnprintf was an internal symbol in older versions of their C runtime, it does not exist in the 2015 RC version.
12-31-2018, 10:03 PM
Find