Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing subtitles for TC?
OneMan Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Changing subtitles for TC?

Is it possible to change the games default font for the subtitles that show with AddEffectVoice( )? I've been looking everywhere in the games .cfg files and can't find anything. It's for a TC that I'm developing.
03-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Changing subtitles for TC?

Hmm, I wonder if the font used for subtitles was put somewhere. I remember one particular font I wasn't able to find/change, but it's gotta be possible.

Check this video, maybe it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnHnnxMxdkY

03-20-2019, 10:43 PM
Find
OneMan Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Changing subtitles for TC?

(03-20-2019, 10:43 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Hmm, I wonder if the font used for subtitles was put somewhere. I remember one particular font I wasn't able to find/change, but it's gotta be possible.

Check this video, maybe it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnHnnxMxdkY

After looking through the fonts and dds files within the dark descent and amfp, I finally found out how to change the font. In the font folder in TDD there is a font_default.fnt file and after looking at it's corresponding dds files it looked like a match for the subtitles in TDD.

So i copied my desired font and called it font_default.fnt and its dds file font_default_0.dds and connected them with each other in the .fnt file and put them in my (mod_fonts) folder and prioritized the mod_fonts folder over TDD's fonts folder in my mod's resource.cfg and it overwrote amnesia's default subtitle font.

Funny enough the fonts for the debug menu seemed to change to my custom font if you also edit vera.fnt. While having vera.fnt and font_default changed the debug menu and debug texts looked like this:

.png   font.PNG (Size: 494.23 KB / Downloads: 220)

Quite useless since it's almost impossible to read the damn text.

Thanks, that video gave me the push to do some more digging and it managed to work out in the end.  Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 11:52 PM by OneMan.)
03-20-2019, 11:52 PM
Find