Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Least Scary "Scary" Game in History?
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Least Scary "Scary" Game in History?

I agree, the game is not very scary at the beginning. I, being a Penumbra vet, am not scared easily. However, I knew it would get great because I trust Frictional.

Advice to the OP would be to pick up Penumbra and play Overture for 30 minutes. It gets scary very quickly and there are shit tons of enemies. On hard you die in one or two hits and you need to be VERY careful. Once you've played that you will know what you're in for in Amnesia, though it never gets as scary as Penumbra.

note: Amnesia is an overall better game, Penumbra is just scarier...

edit: haha you were too scared to play the game! Tongue I get it now. You're trying to cover it up. You could not bring yourself to go by the "stressful creature" again so you quit. also, the save and quit mechanic puts you exactly where you were before, i guess you thought you were past it but werent...ill get a warm bottle of milk for ya and make it all better
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 06:52 PM by Spooder Wekd.)
12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I tell myself to be open to other people's opinions on things, especially if they disagree with my own opinions, but considering he/she's insulting the game based on things that are atmosphere builders rather than the actual horror part, it's a troll.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Website Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Try playing it again WITHOUT anyone in the room ...

and KILL THE LIGHTS and put headphones on.

?
12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Childerich Offline

Threads: 1

(12-18-2010, 03:31 AM)Phaedros Wrote: Of course, this is a forum for fans, so I'll stop soon and allow those who truly enjoyed the game to have the day.

Why? Since this is a discussion forum, there is, of course, also room for negative opinions on the game.

Personally, I would be interested to hear what other games you actually did find scary.
12-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-20-2010, 12:55 AM)Childerich Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 03:31 AM)Phaedros Wrote: Of course, this is a forum for fans, so I'll stop soon and allow those who truly enjoyed the game to have the day.

Why? Since this is a discussion forum, there is, of course, also room for negative opinions on the game.

Personally, I would be interested to hear what other games you actually did find scary.

Probably Resident Evil 5 and Hello Kitty Online.
12-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Website Find
Dark88 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-20-2010, 03:13 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 12:55 AM)Childerich Wrote:

Probably Resident Evil 5 and Hello Kitty Online.

Now, Now, you can't tell me Hello Kitty Online doesn't leave you with nightmares weeks after playing it...
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2010, 07:00 AM by Dark88.)
12-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I myself found Amnesia very enjoyable. Out of the 62 games currently installed, I keep going back to Amnesia. I've already started a new game and keep replaying custom stories again and again. I found Penumbra to be enjoyable, but Amnesia really got to me in a way that no other game had done to me before.
12-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Find
warfreak131 Offline

Threads: 1

this game isnt BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA scary

its more the implication of fear, and the environment that supposed to keep you unnerved. and then when the tiniest thing happens you freak out, like i did
12-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

I like how the OP didn't even care to follow up. Classy troll.

12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Find
lukaspriest Offline

Threads: 3

(12-18-2010, 06:48 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I agree, the game is not very scary at the beginning. I, being a Penumbra vet, am not scared easily. However, I knew it would get great because I trust Frictional.

Advice to the OP would be to pick up Penumbra and play Overture for 30 minutes. It gets scary very quickly and there are shit tons of enemies. On hard you die in one or two hits and you need to be VERY careful. Once you've played that you will know what you're in for in Amnesia, though it never gets as scary as Penumbra.

note: Amnesia is an overall better game, Penumbra is just scarier...

edit: haha you were too scared to play the game! Tongue I get it now. You're trying to cover it up. You could not bring yourself to go by the "stressful creature" again so you quit. also, the save and quit mechanic puts you exactly where you were before, i guess you thought you were past it but werent...ill get a warm bottle of milk for ya and make it all better

Man, I am playing Amnesia, and it scares me so bad I want to turn it off and turn on my lights....(it's great!) - is Penumbra truly scarier?
12-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Find