Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video card is crashing
sdimejoker Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Video card is crashing

I am running a Sapphire Toxic HD 4870 512-MB on a Windows 7 64-bit OS. It is just over a year old and I have never had a problem with it before now. The game will open to the main menu and will let me click "start new game". Then, it will either open to the intro or make it to the first part when you have control of the character, at either point, the audio will continue but the screen will switch to white and green (usually) horizontal bars. I updated the driver on my video card and it didn't help. I really downloaded Amnesia and it didn't help. I changed the resolution off of the highest setting and all that did was cause it to give me multi-colored flashing squares when the game crashed. I know my video card can't be overheating because it barely gets started, plus I have 5 case fans on my desktop and on fan mounted directly on my video card. Any suggestions?
01-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Find
sdimejoker Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Video card is crashing

Okay, so I downloaded the Omega Drivers like I had seen other people do on here. I also set all the settings to medium instead of high. The crash continued to happen after that. I then changed all the graphics settings to low and it worked for a long while. I made it through the part where you have to find the ingredients in the wine cellar. Once I was back in the laboratory, it crashed again. I'm so freaking confused.
01-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Could be that the water effects in the laboratory made it crash, try turning them off i think they are refraction and world reflection.
01-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

If you're worried about temps open up the Catalyst Control Centre, and in the Overdrive tab there will be a fan speed, activity and temp information. You can also manually increase fan speed if you need to (setting mine at 30% instead of default 20% dropped it from around 65 - 70 idle to 55ish.

Just for future reference.
01-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(01-04-2011, 07:37 AM)jens Wrote: Could be that the water effects in the laboratory made it crash, try turning them off i think they are refraction and world reflection.

This, and turn off SSAO and turn the SSAO number thing down to 4 or 8 (4 being lowerr)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Find