Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What supports better -- buy online and download, or buy retail box in stores?
MrCoffee5 Offline

Threads: 1
What supports better -- buy online and download, or buy retail box in stores?

I'm hoping someone from the Frictional Games staff sees this, as I really want to know how best to support the release of this game.

I'm going to buy it regardless, but I'd like to make my purchase towards their development as meaningful as possible. As such, I'm curious, does it help more if I buy it directly online and download it, or buy it from a store? Or does it not really matter?

I guess I wonder in terms of if buying/downloading it directly gets them more money than buying a retail copy in stores, or if buying the retail copy helps to prove the game's success, or anything like that. Forgive me if I have no idea what I'm talking about.
03-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
RE: What supports better -- buy online and download, or buy retail box in stores?

Can you give a general idea of where you live? (Not state/province, just the country)
If you're in the US, I would check your local store for the game a few days after it comes out.
Or you can likely purchase the box online, or just digital download it.
And I don't think it matters, I believe they get a rolilty for every copy that is sold, so I don't believe they get anything more for online or offline purchase.
But I don't work for them, so this is like, spam or something I guess.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Website Find
MrCoffee5 Offline

RE: What supports better -- buy online and download, or buy retail box in stores?

I live in the US. They list that it'll be available apparently through the big GameStop/EB Games chain, so I guess I'll get it through there. Having a box copy would be nice. Smile

If anyone else has any input on if it matters, please post!
03-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

yesterday at EB games they don't even have it on their systems so looks like i might have to download it or wait patiently so i can get the big red box :/
03-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

i imagine they don't even know what does, since neither of them replayed after looking here a couple of times..
it might mean its all good..

03-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

It is not an "easy" question for us for various reasons. Do whatever you want the most Smile
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Find
MrCoffee5 Offline

Okay! Thanks for the response.
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Find