Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Talking with Valve?
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Talking with Valve?

you rich or so :p
must have been expensive
and when steam (hopefully not) shuts down, then your boned XD

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Find
mike Offline

Threads: 1

Not really, when the Steam authentication servers shut down, they will simply disable authentication.

There's already a mechanism in place for doing so.
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Find
Dark Offline

oh cool
didnt know that

04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6

Bump for Steam!
04-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Website Find
bitwise Offline

Threads: 0

Damien_Azreal Wrote:I still don't understand why people have such huge issues against Steam. Just because the game may release through Steam later one doesn't affect your copy if you buy retail or through the current online distribution center.

Hell, you are only forced to use Steam on Valve games and SiN: Episodes. All other games released on Steam give you a choice. Dark Messiah only requires Steam if you use MP... otherwise it isn't needed.
I don't understand why people like it. I prefer not to run unnecessary processes on my computer and a resource heavy game launcher is definitely not necessary. Why do you need to buy it from Steam when you can download it from Gamers Gate just as easily?
04-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Find
Dark Offline

then why not just close it when your not using it?
i just dont understand why everyone is against it
if you think it sux just leabve it alone then
just my opinion btw Smile

04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

I prefer my games on Steam where the hell is it!
04-24-2007, 05:40 AM
Website Find
Damien_Azreal Offline

bitwise Wrote:
Damien_Azreal Wrote:I still don't understand why people have such huge issues against Steam. Just because the game may release through Steam later one doesn't affect your copy if you buy retail or through the current online distribution center.

Hell, you are only forced to use Steam on Valve games and SiN: Episodes. All other games released on Steam give you a choice. Dark Messiah only requires Steam if you use MP... otherwise it isn't needed.
I don't understand why people like it. I prefer not to run unnecessary processes on my computer and a resource heavy game launcher is definitely not necessary. Why do you need to buy it from Steam when you can download it from Gamers Gate just as easily?

Why would I need to buy it from Gamers Gate when i could buy it through STEAM? Wink And why, well I trust STEAM... Valve have been around for a long time and so has STEAM. It's well updated, secure 9dont' try to bring up that recent hack... it was proven to be bullshit) and very user friendly.

And I'm a little hesitant of using a download service I don't know much of or that is farely new. Looks at Triton and the PREY problems that were caused as such. Triton started off really strong... everything going great, then bankrupt and people who purchased through it couldn't play the game at all.
Until STEAM picked up the CD-keys and made good all the downloadable games for people.

As for resource heavy? STEAM? Right, my SetPoint program for my Logitech mouse takes up more memory than Steam does when it's running.
04-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

Still waiting for a Steam release before I buy.
05-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Website Find
Damien_Azreal Offline

Yeah... any updates with a deal with Valve?
05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Find