Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't see anything!
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: I can't see anything!

Well, it's not Frictional Games' fault you didn't tried the FREE demo.
Intel HD graphic card series now supports the game, but below that. Well, I'm not expert on that issue, pluto knows better.

10-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Website Find
sk0th Offline

Threads: 0

(10-15-2011, 11:23 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Well, it's not Frictional Games' fault you didn't tried the FREE demo.
Intel HD graphic card series now supports the game, but below that. Well, I'm not expert on that issue, pluto knows better.
I know it's not Frictional Games' fault, and didn't mean to imply that it was; I just wanted to know if they're willing to give refunds for cases like mine. I didn't try the demo because I had played it on a friend's computer, and already knew that I liked the game. I didn't think that the graphics card would be an issue because my laptop is less than a year old and runs League of Legends well.

I'm still unsure of what you mean by "supports the game". I had always been under the impression that if a graphics card met a game's minimum requirements, it would be able to run that game. I've never heard of a game not working because of the brand of the graphics card before, and was wondering about the reason for that. I don't know very much about gaming on computers, and am simply asking because I don't fully understand the problem.
10-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Amnesia needs at least OpenGL 2.1 to run.
Some of the Intel graphic cards are supporting OpenGL 2.1, but their driver was not. Intel released a new driver to support Amnesia; but I'm not sure if it is applicable to all cards.

Only thing you can do is updating your graphic card driver. If it works, your luck, if it does not... well, use contact to ask Frictional Games.

Also, I didn't quite understand where did you get the impression that your graphic card was ABOVE minimum system requirements?

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011, 09:34 AM by Tanshaydar.)
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Find