Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia lagging
December Rush Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia lagging

(02-19-2011, 03:17 AM)Bek Wrote: Yes if you were to buy a compatible video card, you'd plug the monitor into that instead of the motherboards gpu, install the drivers for it and play the game.

I thank everyone who posted for the help.
Well, I'm glad I had some money saved. :0 Is there a card you could recommend to me?
02-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Totally depends on the specs of your computer and budget. What speed is your CPU? Could look around for a mid range ATI or Nvidia card. Maybe a 5770? or a 6850. Might be a little overkill just for this though, and considering you only have 2gb ram.
02-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Find
December Rush Offline

(02-19-2011, 03:55 AM)Bek Wrote: Totally depends on the specs of your computer and budget. What speed is your CPU? Could look around for a mid range ATI or Nvidia card. Maybe a 5770? or a 6850. Might be a little overkill just for this though, and considering you only have 2gb ram.

I think my CPU speed is 2.00GHz? I have a Nvidia card. I found this at Best Buy but looking at that number makes me think it won't work on my computer. I'm still learning about all these cards so I don't quite know what to get.
Edit:
Would something like this or this work if the one above does not? This is harder that I though. :/
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 05:07 AM by December Rush.)
02-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Depends on your motherboard and PSU a little too. The second two cards you liked are quite old and use AGP instead of PCI-Express. If your motherboard is PCIE you need a pcie GPU, not an AGP card. And more powerful cards require more power and separate power connectors from the psu to the gpu..

Really it's not as hard as you may think though Tongue Best advice is to jump on a tech or gaming forum and post your specs and ask for suggestions.
02-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Find
December Rush Offline

(02-19-2011, 08:09 AM)Bek Wrote: Depends on your motherboard and PSU a little too. The second two cards you liked are quite old and use AGP instead of PCI-Express. If your motherboard is PCIE you need a pcie GPU, not an AGP card. And more powerful cards require more power and separate power connectors from the psu to the gpu..

Really it's not as hard as you may think though Tongue Best advice is to jump on a tech or gaming forum and post your specs and ask for suggestions.

Well today I think I'll have someone look at my computer, inside and out, so they can tell me all about it because I'm too scared to look at the motherboard and stuff inside. xD

Thank you for all your help, you don't know how much I appreciate it. Now that I know I can run the game with a graphics card I think I can find a rather quick solution.
02-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Find
December Rush Offline

I went to BestBuy and got two things. The card I got is GeForce GTX 460 and a Thermaltake TR2 600 watt to run the graphics card because mine is only 250 watts. For those two things it was $316 on sale. I payed 139 of the 316 Dx. He was so kind and said he and his wife played Amnesia over Steam which was really cool. Big Grin He said that in 6 months I would need to buy a quad-core for my comupter. What does a quad-core do and does that mean I have to buy a new computer?

I'm having a man install both the fan and card Monday, which is nice because I get out of school early for an appointment, so I am very pleased. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 10:47 PM by December Rush.)
02-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(02-19-2011, 12:41 AM)December Rush Wrote: In the case of my integrated graphics card can't I just install another graphics card and tell my computer to ignore the integrated one?

For some reason I understood you had laptop. Guess I was wrong...

(02-19-2011, 10:21 PM)December Rush Wrote: He said that in 6 months I would need to buy a quad-core for my comupter. What does a quad-core do and does that mean I have to buy a new computer?

Quad-core is a processor unit of your computer.
If your current motherboard doesn't fit the quad-core processor, then you need to buy new motherboard, which in most cases, means new computer since most likely you need to change so many components (RAM, processor, motherboard and maybe new graphics card).

02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Website Find
December Rush Offline

(02-19-2011, 11:09 PM)Scraper Wrote: Quad-core is a processor unit of your computer.
If your current motherboard doesn't fit the quad-core processor, then you need to buy new motherboard, which in most cases, means new computer since most likely you need to change so many components (RAM, processor, motherboard and maybe new graphics card).

Alright then. The man said there was one I would could buy (It was 500 dollars Dx) and would work on my computer. So, when the time comes if the one he suggested works I'll get it, but if not I'll figure it out one way or another. Thank you, my situation seems to be solved. You and the others who posted helped me alot. Heart
02-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Find
Bek Offline

500 sounds a bit much, unless he's trying to sell a new chip that wont work in your board Tongue AMD is bringing out a new line of CPUs middle of this year and Intels Sandy Bridge is already out, however the motherboards all had faults so they had to be recalled (lol).
02-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(02-20-2011, 01:47 AM)Bek Wrote: AMD is bringing out a new line of CPUs middle of this year

I guess you're talking about Bulldozer?

02-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Website Find