Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game crashes while trying to play
customx5 Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game crashes while trying to play

I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.
03-31-2007, 03:06 AM
Find
customx5 Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game crashes while trying to play

customx5 Wrote:I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.

Okay i went here and this worked, now i can play again http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=691

BTW penumbra developers i just found out the crash happens when i turn sound hardware on. I have a soundblaster XFI extrememusic edition
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2007, 03:13 AM by MisterX.)
03-31-2007, 03:11 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

You might want to post the HP log than.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-31-2007, 06:36 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Glad you fixed it, Open AL that we use can be strange at times. If you want sound hardware (for surround sound) you can try updating your sound card drivers.
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Find