Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

SUPER!!! Some advices for Ep 2
vorob Offline

Threads: 5
SUPER!!! Some advices for Ep 2

Sorry for my eng, but I want to express my admiration! That’s the most exciting game of last time, before, I felt something wonderful playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and System Shock 2.

My congrat’s guys, cause as I understand you are not professional game developers it’s just your hobby, and you’ve made such interesting, atmospheric game! Smile

Few advices for your episode 2

- Make different handwriting in messages which we find, I understand that its more readable when it have printed letters but, agree, when guy write by hand his last words, it looks strange when it is printed Smile
- I understand that this game is adventure, and adventures are often linear, but maybe there is a point to make some alternative ways to solve some questions? Or ways to get to some rooms and etc. Also, as I understand in EP2 we will meet representatives of some strange cult? That is another fact to make some ways to nonlinear game play. For example, you can move hiding in shadows, or you can get on some kind pipes near ceiling and move there, that would be super!
- Make more shadows. It looks strange when some gratings don’t have shadows. Also may be there is a point to make our hero to cast his own shadow?

That’s all for now, I’ll think what else I can advice you Smile

P.S. Do you have any one in team who speak Russ? It would be easier for me to write in Russian my thoughts Smile
04-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Find
vorob Offline

RE: SUPER!!! Some advices for Ep 2

And how about randomize of some items? Make several places where it can me generated randomly, and every time you launching new game, it will be interesting to play.

P.s. Why don't you write here anything?
04-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Thanks for the feedback and glad you liked the game! Sorry for not answering all thread as we are hard at work with episode 2 Smile We try to read em all though and we take all feedback very seriously.

Afraid noone on the team speak russian.
04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Heh, glad to hear you guys are jumping right on part 2. Wink I woulda expected you'd take a vacation or something, that's what EVERYONE ELSE does. ;P
04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

The game was really interesting i not even once i used the forums help except on the code with the radio it was frastrating,i knew what to do just couldn't figure out the beeps,the only thing which sucked about the game was the combat,i mean those dogs were so boring and i din't even use dyinimate on mobs becouse its too slow.....you should make it esier to hit the dog or if you hit the dog make him fall after every hit becouse whats the point ot hit the dog if he hits you...i used same tactics all the game jump on a box or a barrel and sit on the nest while attacking the dog lol,there was even a part in game where the chimical room and lake that i din't have barrel near me so i went to a section erlier to drag with me a barrelll LOL....still change it in some way and the beef jurk does work but not quite oftenyou gotta be out of site while the dog come nears it,and about the steam i used it only once and again to get the dog inside i had to drop a jerk beef inside lol and wait till he get in

except that its the second game that made me feel curies and craving for more at the ending the first one was call of cthulhu.......
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
kosta081287
Unregistered

vorob Wrote:And how about randomize of some items? Make several places where it can me generated randomly, and every time you launching new game, it will be interesting to play.

P.s. Why don't you write here anything?

Actually it can be quite annoying randomizing items,sometimes its already hard to find them,and the notes always say where the items sepused to be so it will be redicolus to make them reaper in random locations
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Kumagoro Offline

Threads: 1

Maybe he meant that instead on 2nd shelf it would be on the 3rd shelf in the locker that's next to the original shelf... oh whatever, my english sux :/

The below ones are simple cosmetic things, i havent yet bought the full version so i'm just making my ideas from what i've seen in the demo

I guess that toning down the "night vision" when hiding would be a good idea, it's too strong.

Flares could work a bit longer, also make it possible to throw them "normally" like in Penumbra: Tech demo
04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Find
242 Offline

Threads: 2

I agree that the first episode is great.

Atmosphere and gameplay-wise It reminds me lowest levels of Arx Fatalis very much. Creepy, very involving, great puzzles and decent amount of sneaking.  

Pity that reviews so far haven't appraise the game as it deserves. For me it's like 90 out of 100, but some (idiot) reviewers gave it like 60-70. What they appreciate instead? Crap like D3. I just feel myself pissed off after I read some reviews. Good that the team is quite independent and small (I think) and can afford evolve the game whatever they like without needing to please "general public" to feed enormous quantity of gameindustry's leeches around actual developers.

Now my suggestions.

For Episode Two I would like to see a bit more larger and not so linear maps. Being a large fan of puzzles, I'd like even more complex puzzles, I think they are a bit too obvious in Episode One. Also, more variety of emenies with different behaviours and tactics to overcome them wouldn't hurt. Keep good amount of sneaking too and of course keep that creepy atmosphere and feeling of coming danger! Sometimes it's about as creepy as Silent Hill series.
Maybe optional objectives or optional areas?

Well, whatever you decide for Ep2, thanks for Ep1 very much!
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Find