Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May

Nevermind. Justine is RELEASED FOR ALL OF US NOW !!!!!! WOOOOO !!!!!!!!!
05-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Website Find
cook Offline

(05-17-2011, 07:45 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Nevermind. Justine is RELEASED FOR ALL OF US NOW !!!!!! WOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Now we can all make maps built entirely out of potatos and not worry about compatability issues.
05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Mail Alpha Adventure [WIP with links] - LAST UPDATE 10TH May

(05-11-2011, 02:14 PM)cook Wrote: This level won't be receiving any more updates now, it was just for a learning experience, now I will begin a planned story with voice acting/better pacing now that I have the knowledge to carry out the ideas I have.

Spoiler below!
So does that mean that the fatal error I'm getting trying to open the door in the area after the grand staircase chase (the one with the 5-6 brutes chasing you) isn't going to be fixed?

Shame. This was actually pretty good.
05-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
cook Offline

RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Mail Alpha Adventure [WIP with links] - LAST UPDATE 10TH May

That's the end of the map Rikeu, so yes. Only patches I may be doing in future is to add checkpoints so you can't just die to escape a bit you don't like, and I'll be locking a few exit doors/adding new start areas for them. I'll add an ending to it so it doesn't crash your game too.

Another plan I had was to make these levels a central part to my new story, after improving the detail/story/bugs - I'd probably have them as say just after the beginning 5 levels from my new one, and just before the final 5-10 of the new one. I need to improve the 2nd Gallery, but overall I like the Galleries too much to leave them out.

PLEASE give me feedback on specific scares.
Spoiler below!
The painting monster, carpet fall, the attic monster, the statues, and grand staircase
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM by cook.)
05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Find
DannieWest Offline

Threads: 13

I think I found a lil miss as well, loads of light streaming down from total darkness?
http://thisdoesntmakesense.deviantart.co...-209324318

Really enjoyed the story though, nice work!
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM by DannieWest.)
05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Find
cook Offline

Yes, the reason for that is when I use a skybox to create light from there it sort of causes little white pixels to appear all over the map, I'll try using black boxes and see if that works though.
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-18-2011, 03:05 PM)cook Wrote: Yes, the reason for that is when I use a skybox to create light from there it sort of causes little white pixels to appear all over the map, I'll try using black boxes and see if that works though.

Just use halo billboards to create the shiny effect at holes! So you don't need any skyboxes in places like that
05-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0

(05-18-2011, 09:37 AM)cook Wrote: That's the end of the map Rikeu, so yes. Only patches I may be doing in future is to add checkpoints so you can't just die to escape a bit you don't like, and I'll be locking a few exit doors/adding new start areas for them. I'll add an ending to it so it doesn't crash your game too.

PLEASE give me feedback on specific scares.

Ah, all right then, twas a good map, one of the best I've played in a long time. I only had problems with areas where it was designed so that we were supposed to die...

Spoiler below!
Such as with the monster behind the painting, or the one that seemed to drop out of the air (it looked that way on my screen) in the gallery. And the one that popped out of the door in the crooked room. The carpet fall was ingenious, I freaking hate water lurkers =p
05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Find
cook Offline

Spoiler below!
Those have been heavily tested, the painting monster is easy to escape, the attic monster(the one that drops) on the other hand always gets a hit on me - also the Castle Gardens monster does this too, but they are definetly possible to escape, the important part is did they scare you? I tried to hide them in odd places.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 07:27 PM by cook.)
05-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

This is really embarrassing but I can't figure out what to do on the second map. I found the malfunctioning lever of course, some tinderboxes and a note - but that's it. No key for the door, no insight into the lever mechanism. What am i missing?
05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Find