Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I am William - The Factory [progress thread]
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
I am William - The Factory [progress thread]

Since there are already a lot of other progress threads, I thought I'd make one myself too!

[Image: iamwilliam.jpg]

This thread is mainly just for myself so I can force myself to actually concentrate on one single thing.

I am William is currently being made by Organized Anarchy, but I have been developing this one episode alone.

The story is about William, a detective you play in every I am William episodes. I'm not releasing anymore information concerning the storyline because I have yet to set it in stone. I will do my best to try and create an immersing experience.

I have some interesting ideas for the story that separate it from ordinary ones, but I wish to not tell about it to anyone before release. Though I can say it will have something to do with cinematic scenes.

Since this story is going to be pretty short, I will not release a public demo!

Recording development into youtube... Give me requests if there is something particular you want to see!
http://www.youtube.com/user/superkhyrpa

[progress]:

Level layouts: done, except for a few maps
Outside area: polished, needs final tweaks
Learning to create models: kind of done
Story line: base done, but I have a lot of research to do for additional inspiration
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2011, 11:41 AM by Khyrpa.)
06-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: I am William - The Factory [progress thread]

Story... that's the word attracts me anytime anywhere.
I'd like to hear two or three more words about the story Smile
An actual short gameplay video would be good to see in youtube.

On behalf of demo, I'd prefer no one releases one and works on a full release. Though it's my very personal opinion and I know it's hard to keep the urge to share anything done suppressed.

Good luck Smile

06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

(06-03-2011, 09:26 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: On behalf of demo, I'd prefer no one releases one and works on a full release. Though it's my very personal opinion and I know it's hard to keep the urge to share anything done suppressed.

Good luck Smile

Yeah! I indeed need good luck with that...

About the story... I can say it has something to do with a bar and a factory. Enough? Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 09:38 PM by Khyrpa.)
06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Keep it secret and build up the curiosity then Tongue
Okay Smile

06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Shameless bump!
Added second development video where I do some boring lighting, but its on 5x speed so it might be interesting to watch
06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

I can help with models if you need any. I'd like to help see this project finished Tongue

06-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

(06-22-2011, 08:17 AM)Kraggdog Wrote: I can help with models if you need any. I'd like to help see this project finished Tongue

Well the thing is, I need to learn how to for example make 2d entity (like insanity paintings) and how to texture it. I just don't get where the textures are (inside the .dae files?) and how to easily just change them.

So I don't really need any actual models for this story, but if you'd like to be very nice and speed the project up, could you find me some kind of a tutorial that explains how to re-texture models? That would be very much appreciated! I prefer blender, but I can use maya also.

Also I'm no longer going to bump this thread up, but keep on updating the main post. And in my youtube channel I will keep on adding timelapse videos of development (even tho I have not got a single comment about them //hint//Smile).
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Find
madeofwin Offline

Threads: 0

What's the point of making another level when you can't finish the first one you made? EC was awesome.
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

Hi Khyrpa, long time no see. Hows the story going? Also would you mind PM me your steam name. (If you have one that is)
07-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Any updates, more info? Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Find