Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation for Video Cards
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Recommendation for Video Cards

Well, your Intel card can play the game since it supports OpenGL 2.1 but I don't think it will since Intel has not updated your card to properly support 2.1. It is Intels fault. Even if it plays, the quality will not be good and the FPS will be low. You can try though, download the demo from here and try:

http://amnesiagame.com/#demo

This topic though was made for a graphics card recommendation. I would tell you that NVIDIA is your best choise here since AMD seems to have some problems with Intel embedded cards sometimes. So, tell me the amount of money you are willing to send on a new dedicated graphics card and I will tell you what I recommend.
06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Find
nakpipe Offline

Threads: 0

Thank you for all the information and the suggestions. I found it challanging to try and update the system no matter........ I had figured all along that it would need a Graphics Update anyway (which is why I had not repurchased the game yet). I figured I would get the Graphics up to speed first.

Well, the system couldn't even begin to play the Demo! - - An immediate CRASH! I got the old "Renderer" error right away. Oh well, - - it was fun trying anyway.....

Sooooo, .......... If I could just get the Card & Power Supply recommendation I would really appreciate it, and thanks again.
Sorry - - I forgot to tell you the price range. - - As I had mentioned, I do not need anything fancy - - So if it is possible to find a Card for between say $100 and $200 that would fit the requirement. (I am not sure what the Power Supplys run though.......).
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 05:59 PM by nakpipe.)
06-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-23-2011, 05:11 PM)nakpipe Wrote: Thank you for all the information and the suggestions. I found it challanging to try and update the system no matter........ I had figured all along that it would need a Graphics Update anyway (which is why I had not repurchased the game yet). I figured I would get the Graphics up to speed first.

Well, the system couldn't even begin to play the Demo! - - An immediate CRASH! I got the old "Renderer" error right away. Oh well, - - it was fun trying anyway.....

Sooooo, .......... If I could just get the Card & Power Supply recommendation I would really appreciate it, and thanks again.
Sorry - - I forgot to tell you the price range. - - As I had mentioned, I do not need anything fancy - - So if it is possible to find a Card for between say $100 and $200 that would fit the requirement. (I am not sure what the Power Supplys run though.......).

For 160 or something you could get a very good gaming card but I found out that you have a 300W power supply which is not enough. You will need another one as well. So, what price for the supply and what for the card? 200 all together?
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Find
nakpipe Offline

(06-23-2011, 07:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 05:11 PM)nakpipe Wrote: Thank you for all the information and the suggestions. I found it challanging to try and update the system no matter........ I had figured all along that it would need a Graphics Update anyway (which is why I had not repurchased the game yet). I figured I would get the Graphics up to speed first.

For 160 or something you could get a very good gaming card but I found out that you have a 300W power supply which is not enough. You will need another one as well. So, what price for the supply and what for the card? 200 all together?

Yes, that would be perfect. Just let me know the model numbers and I'll be a happy-camper!
06-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

What about a CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX V2 650W and a GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTS450 GV-N450OC-1GI OVERCLOCK 1GB. Together, around 190-200. Check them out in local stores.

I can not guaranty anything though, this is important.
06-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
nakpipe Offline

(06-23-2011, 10:59 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What about a CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX V2 650W and a GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTS450 GV-N450OC-1GI OVERCLOCK 1GB. Together, around 190-200. Check them out in local stores.

I can not guaranty anything though, this is important.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Smile I do understand about no guaranties and such.................... (The last thing you need is some whiney guy coming back and crying "BUT YOU SAID.................blah, blah). Hey I needed an informed piece of information and some guidance, that's what I got and I appreciate it. It may be a bit before I can actually do it, but do it I will. I'll certainly let you know how it works (without complaining)!
06-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

that's exactly what I meant, thank you. I hope everything works fine... Smile
06-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Find