Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

i looking for horror games for inspiration...
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5
RE: i looking for horror games for inspiration...

(06-21-2011, 05:45 PM)Danarogon Wrote: and right now i am playing F.E.A.R (hell i thought this game was scary! even minecraft gave me heart attacks that F.E.A.R could only wish to give me!) but some people say the story is very good and the sequel is much scarier so i'll keep playing it for now...

Nonononononono! Don't touch the sequel or the upcoming third title! The 'Flood intro' scene from Halo is scarier than both those sequels combined!

But you can try the expansion packs (Extraction Point & Perseus Mandate), although even then I can't guarantee nightmares.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
06-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

Its not scary but a good game for ideas is Alan Wake.

06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Alan Wake is not a good game in any aspect.
It'd better be a movie, not a game.

06-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Website Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

(06-21-2011, 09:58 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Alan Wake is not a good game in any aspect.
It'd better be a movie, not a game.

Well for me I found it to be a very good game and I think it is good in many aspects the story is good and its a fresh change from FPS and driving games and I got lots of ideas from the game,I may not think the way you think Tanshaydar but for me it was a enjoyable game.

06-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(06-21-2011, 10:21 PM)WatzUpzPeepz Wrote: Well for me I found it to be a very good game and I think it is good in many aspects the story is good and its a fresh change from FPS and driving games and I got lots of ideas from the game,I may not think the way you think Tanshaydar but for me it was a enjoyable game.

Well, that's the essence of the discussion I think. Maybe you saw an aspect that I couldn't see. If everyone thinks same way, what's the point then?

Alan Wake has a good story, yes, however storytelling should have more work I think.

06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Website Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

Shadow Man is a old and somewhat rare game, but it's fairly interesting and is even a little like Amnesia in some aspects. You could find a lot of inspiration in it.
06-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(06-21-2011, 06:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You said you know it very well, but it seems you know nothing at all.

Resident evil was the first game to have "infection" zombies... later on instead of virus infected zombies... they liked the idea of mutated humans (and dogs) by parasites... and then there is this "guy" whit his ridiculos hair

[Image: resident_evil_4_leon_oyun_resimleri_post...5B1%5D.jpg]

well not THAT ridiculos...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xg2Czr5_ueU/TC...imagen.jpg

there is something called umbrella... i haves something to do whit bio terrorism but i don't remenber what it realy is... but has i said. i never played eny of resident evil games (except for RE4... i friend of mine had it and i asked if i could try it out) and no i have not only seen the last RE... has i do agree whit that was the game that interested me the less... but i have to admit the first ones look good! but latter on it starts to look to f*** up

http://ui16.gamespot.com/2671/osmundsadd...vil4_2.jpg

do you realy think i parasite could realistically turn "Emperor Palpatine" to this? i mean if it had supernatural stuff evolved i might say ok but i realy don't think this is the case. but about gameplay or story i can't say much as i actualy don't know much about it.

btw i only said i knew Resident evil very well has you might say "I know very well who Obama is" so no hard fealings.
(06-21-2011, 09:17 PM)Leu Radu Wrote:
(06-21-2011, 07:53 PM)BlueFury Wrote: the best idea for making a good story is watching some good old horror films
Films really don't translate well into games... but there are certainly many good ideas in films. Just try to avoid the plain macabre movies and focus on those that really give you strong feelings (other than disgust).

To add to Tans's list, you must absolutely play "Clive Barker's Undying". It makes me shudder only when I think of it. It was created with the help of the famous writer and is very atmospheric for it's time. It conveys many diverse aspects of horror. Seriously, it's an experience you should not miss.

A very good inspiration can be found in literature, in writers such as: H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Ambrose Bierce, Clive Barker, Stephen King. We can see their influence everywhere, Amnesia has lovecraftian elements to it.

yeah i do love Edgar Allan Poe! though i only read one of his books... NEED MOAR Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 02:46 AM by Danny Boy.)
06-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Well, Resident Evil series is literally f*cked up at the moment, that's one thing I know for sure.

However, judging the series with RE4 & RE5 will surely lead to underrate it. Although RE4 is a game that I like and enjoy, I still struggle to define it as a Resident Evil, while RE5 is literally Tomb Raider with some old RE characters.

As a good game, good horror game, well-written game etc. RE3: Nemesis is my personal favorite in the series. There are also many mods out there to have references to RE series.

I think you take it with prejudice and I can say for sure prejudice for a game leads to fails almost always.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 03:06 AM by Tanshaydar.)
06-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Website Find