Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Need an Outdoor Environment?
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
Need an Outdoor Environment?

I don't think I have the willpower to create an entirely new story for at least a few weeks. However, I do like making Outdoor-style maps in the Level Editor. If your story needs an Outdoor section, feel free to post here with very specific details of what you need.

I will only take work from at least somewhat respectable authors who have made or are working on something that is promising. (Creating these areas takes a bit of time so I honestly don't want to create something for a half-assed map :p)

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Need an Outdoor Environment?

(07-01-2011, 03:37 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: I don't think I have the willpower to create an entirely new story for at least a few weeks. However, I do like making Outdoor-style maps in the Level Editor. If your story needs an Outdoor section, feel free to post here with very specific details of what you need.

I will only take work from at least somewhat respectable authors who have made or are working on something that is promising. (Creating these areas takes a bit of time so I honestly don't want to create something for a half-assed map :p)

hey Big Grin could make a outdoor environment? is that i need one for a prologue/intro/cinematic chase scene but they are soo hard to do xD... you don't have to make eny scipting but if you could make a dark looking forest (similar to the harry potters forest seen a bit in here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TqCGEBdLw) i would be very thank full... btw if you can make a sky box... could you a place a bit more open were in the sky there is a creapy looking whit moon anf smaler (one quarter of the white moon size) blood red moon bit at the lower right (the positions are similar to this http://www.pakistannewstime.com/wp-conte...7-2010.jpg ) plz replay Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 02:00 AM by Danny Boy.)
07-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Website Find
Synatic Offline

Threads: 2

sup i'd need a forest chase thingy too, its gonna have scripted dialog while running away from the grunt, i want it to look something like the file i'm attaching. It is a bright moon in a cloudy night, if that's possible.
Also i need the whole passage to be rather narrow, not glitching through the tree structure, but rather not having about 20 player width' for the way.
If u need further instruction feel free to contact me on steam or skype, also i could provide u with more work if u feel like it Tongue

Steam: SynaticGamer2

greetz

Attached Files
.png   chase sketch.png (Size: 21.65 KB / Downloads: 100)
07-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Actually, yeah, I was just brainstorming today and a specific outdoor environment is exactly what I need. How well could you do a coastline? It doesn't need to be big, but it does need to have one vista on it. I could PM you the details if you're interested.

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(07-02-2011, 02:20 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Actually, yeah, I was just brainstorming today and a specific outdoor environment is exactly what I need. How well could you do a coastline? It doesn't need to be big, but it does need to have one vista on it. I could PM you the details if you're interested.

A coastline sounds like a definite challenge, and for that reason I want to start on yours first. PM me or post the details here.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5

I wrote in my thread that I'm working on recreating the Resident Evil mansion. Perhaps you could join me in the project and make the forest that lies just outside? Or alternatively, you could make the small courtyard area in the REmake.

The area entered at 3:37. Not my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6GA7E1xTBY

I know the footage is really blurry, but I can take highres screenshots if you're interested. You don't need to make an exact copy but let me know before (if at all interested) you start working on it.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 06:23 PM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Find