Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Work in progress Die Latrine der Angst Extended Edition + Updated Demo
SkuLLfac3 Offline

Threads: 11
Die Latrine der Angst Extended Edition + Updated Demo

Hey

I think I'm far enough to announce officially my project "Die Latrine der Angst - Extended Edition" for the next weeks/months. The release is dependent on the time I can to work on it.

I released a earlier version of it months ago. This is now the first demo (now updated) for it, because its included in the extended version.

Download: http://uppit.com/mcrkpapou3k1/Latrine_de...t_DEMO.rar

But now to the extended version.

What is Latrine der Angst?
It's a custom story which is not based on horror or something like this. It's based on fun. It's a kind of challenge map (like Stayin Alive, which was a big inspiration).

What can you expect from it?
The custom story will include many different challenges, mini-games, jokes and even some eastereggs (for example something from the movies "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and "Fight Club"). One thing you can expect for sure: fun!

What is the plot?
Well, its a fun custom story. So the plot isn't really creative.
You fell asleep and now you're captured in your "nightmare". You have to beat all challenges and puzzles to wake up and get out of it.
By now, there are almost only maps without connection, so the story is in the early development.

Why the name "Latrine der Angst"?
I know its german and stands for "Toilet of Fear" or something like that. Like I said, its a funmap. The name is a result of a mistake I made, while I read the name of the custom story "L'antre de la peur". I read "Latrine" instead of "L'antre" and so it isn't "The Cave of Fear", but "The Toilet (Latrine) of Fear" (thanks to the author by the way).

Is there some content to view by now?
Yes. First, there is the demo (or the first version) of Latrine der Angst (Donwloadlink above).
Then is there my development video with the mistakes I made while the developing (made before the extended version).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sBOC-ioR...feature=iv

Screenshots:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011080900008s.th.jpg]
[Image: 2011062000001v.th.jpg]
[Image: 2011080900005.th.jpg]
[Image: 2011080900007.th.jpg]

Here is the work progress:

Maps: 60-75%
Notes and text: 80%
Story: 10-20%
Script: 60-70%

It is not guaranteed that the progress won't go back, because sometimes I've got new ideas.

If you have some ideas, inspirations, criticism or a feedback, feel free and post it.

Thanks to everyone.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012, 01:16 AM by SkuLLfac3.)
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
RE: Die Latrine der Angst Extended Edition + Demo

Haha! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
08-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Website Find
SkuLLfac3 Offline

Hey

Sry but I have to delay the custom story a bit. I don't have muche time to work on it.

BTW: With this post I wanted show, that the project is still alive Big Grin

[Die Latrine der Angst] The demo of my 1st story (:
01-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Find
SkuLLfac3 Offline

Hey

after a long break, I started to work on "Latrine der Angst - Extended Version" again. Now I updated the demo (aka the earlier version of LDA). I fixed some bugs and made it a bit easier.
Please give me feedback, whether I should bring it in the full version of the custom story. Thank you (:

[Die Latrine der Angst] The demo of my 1st story (:
10-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Find