Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choppyness, no hud, strange lines (JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE)
metalhead520 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Choppyness, no hud, strange lines...

(08-18-2011, 10:03 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Uninstall the game and reinstall it. Let steam autoupdate the game to v1.2 or the latest patch and before starting do a file intergrity check. Start your new game afterwards. If still the problem is there you could play the game without having it updated. Maybe disable steam autoupdates?

I'll try tomorrow and get back with you
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-18-2011, 10:05 AM)metalhead520 Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 10:03 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Uninstall the game and reinstall it. Let steam autoupdate the game to v1.2 or the latest patch and before starting do a file intergrity check. Start your new game afterwards. If still the problem is there you could play the game without having it updated. Maybe disable steam autoupdates?

I'll try tomorrow and get back with you

Ok, I uninstalled the game from steam, made sure there were no files or folders that had to do with Amnesia, restarted, reinstalled the game, playing at all different settings it still flickers really bad and the hud disappears. The game is updated all the way, my drivers are updated. I even reinstalled the drivers last night too and thats not helping. Is there anyway I can send you a small video to show you what its doing? If so what should I use to do so?
08-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If you want yes, you can use the free edition of Fraps which lets you record 30 seconds every time.

Since you did all these, can you attach me the HPL.log file again? Did you change anything on your computer since the last time it was working?
08-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-18-2011, 11:56 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: If you want yes, you can use the free edition of Fraps which lets you record 30 seconds every time.

Since you did all these, can you attach me the HPL.log file again? Did you change anything on your computer since the last time it was working?

Nothing except reinstall the nvidia 280.26 drivers which didn't seem to help. Im gonna give you a youtube link to my channel so you can see the movie in all its glory since this wont let me post the 90 some meg file given the file restrictions on here :-). Its in half size so its kinda small i think but youll get the idea of what im talking about when i say the game slows down and the hud disappears on me when walking around. Ive included the HPL.log file as well in this post. Watch the youtube video maximized so you can see....sorry its kinda dark....maybe something to do with fraps :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/metalhead520...Bix9m4J3HQ

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.72 KB / Downloads: 107)
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 08:55 AM by metalhead520.)
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

This time the log does not show anything wrong. Well, from what I can see this is definitely a graphics card issue somehow.

Check Problem C here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

If that doesn't work we can try to clean your drivers and completely reinstall them, that works sometimes. Your graphics card is great, I don't know why that happens:

1) Download Driver Sweeper and install it. Do not run it yet.
2) Uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and all of their components.
3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all NVIDIA, PHYSIX, ATI, AMD traces and delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(280.26 WHQL, do not use the latest beta or something else - this should be fine):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your NVIDIA card appears and try launching the game again.
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-19-2011, 10:01 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: This time the log does not show anything wrong. Well, from what I can see this is definitely a graphics card issue somehow.

Check Problem C here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

If that doesn't work we can try to clean your drivers and completely reinstall them, that works sometimes. Your graphics card is great, I don't know why that happens:

1) Download Driver Sweeper and install it. Do not run it yet.
2) Uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and all of their components.
3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all NVIDIA, PHYSIX, ATI, AMD traces and delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(280.26 WHQL, do not use the latest beta or something else - this should be fine):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your NVIDIA card appears and try launching the game again.

Ill do all that in a few mins but did you see my youtube video of fraps....the lantern and stuff disappearing and reappearing....randomly
08-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I saw it. It looks a lot like a graphics card issue, that's why I said these things above. Are you sure your graphics card is running fine? Have you overclocked it maybe? Does that happen only at that place, nowhere else?
08-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-19-2011, 10:18 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: I saw it. It looks a lot like a graphics card issue, that's why I said these things above. Are you sure your graphics card is running fine? Have you overclocked it maybe? Does that happen only at that place, nowhere else?

Ok this is in a different part of the game, a little further than where I was earlier, I just figured id play through a little more to get out of that particular area and see if it happened in a different area and it did. I ran driver sweeper and installed the newest graphics drivers no overclock, temps and fans are fine....minus the physix driver which fails everytime even with a clean install....cant figure that out for the life of me haha. Anyways, Im uploading a new video to my youtube, this time full screen and like i said a different area of the game. All my other games run completely fine and no glitches whatsoever, so im really confused about this one. Heres a link for a second full screen hd video from fraps. View in 720p for best res of course and full screen. sorry again about it being so dark but thats the lanterns fault :-).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1J84phldhE
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 10:33 AM by metalhead520.)
08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I saw the video, it looks very strange. Have you tried the game in another computer with a different monitor? Also, what about turning all the graphics to the lowest possible including resolution? I really don't understand what the problem is... Sad
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-19-2011, 10:39 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: I saw the video, it looks very strange. Have you tried the game in another computer with a different monitor? Also, what about turning all the graphics to the lowest possible including resolution? I really don't understand what the problem is... Sad

No other computer in the house can run this game except mine haha. Ive tried all graphics settings before and at the beginning of tonight....turning off and on various ones and lowered resolution which shouldnt be a problem. Yet the problem still exists :-(. I find it strange that i cant install the physx software with the graphics driver. I downloaded the previous version of it and tried to install but it says a newer version exists....in control panel under programs, theres nothing with nvidia physx on it.....sooooooooooo confused on that part. I really dont know what else to do. I dont wanna shelf the game because of this, all updates prior to this latest 1.2 patch the game worked fine. Could it be a problem with the patch or something and im just a rare case that gets this glitch?
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Find