Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Black Screen Thread
TheUglyJellyfish Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Another Black Screen Thread

I know what you're thinking, but I've scoured quite a few threads and I don't think it should be this difficult to play a game. So I installed Amnesia, and I can open it, see the text and hear the music, but I can't see anything else. I currently have a Dell Inspiron with the latest Intel HD drivers(I checked, they are the latest) but it still will not work properly. I do not trust myself not to completely screw the brand new computer up if I try to uninstall these drivers, so I would like another route if possible. Thanks!

-I do have something to add. Since posting this originally in the wrong forum, I attempted to download: Win7Vista_151717(mine is 7) and it said something about not having minimum requirements. I'm just getting more and more confused. I'm no software writer
Another thing to add is that my laptop came with a blu ray player. Is it possible for the graphics divers to clash? I can't figure out how to see my graphics card :/ My video device: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.18 KB / Downloads: 117)
.jpg   Untitled.jpg (Size: 55.11 KB / Downloads: 118)
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 06:24 AM by TheUglyJellyfish.)
08-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Find
TheUglyJellyfish Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Another Black Screen Thread

I have been looking around and evidently all I really need is some software that supports OpenGL. I looked at that Inel HD guide, but their specs were for HP's. Could anyone link me to some software? I've downloaded so many but none of them have worked
08-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Did you try to download from downloadcenter.intel.com? That is the driver you should get as it is up-to-date. I am not sure Dell has released a modified updated driver available in their support.
08-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Website Find
TheUglyJellyfish Offline

I actually believe I have. That was one of the first places I went. But it seemed with each download there was an error at the end. About validity, conflict and such. The most recent thing I did was disable my "Dell Intel HD Graphics Family" and now I get this screen that I will add as an attachment to my OP
Or it might be that I am not downloading the correct one. I'm not sure which I need at the download center. There was a number-something like 2136 but I have yet to see it in the graphics software section. If you know which one I need to download, that would be very helpful
I was just looking, and I am not even sure they HAVE drivers that support OpenGl for me this early. Mine is a 3rd generation intel core processor
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 06:47 AM by TheUglyJellyfish.)
08-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes, 2136 is correct that is the one you should install, make sure you get the one for your operating system. They are different for 32 or 64 bit and for what windows you have (vista, 7 or XP).
08-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Does your laptop also have an AMD card? If yes then I should try and find some info for this thread except the HP stuff: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html

For your problem now, download this:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

and follow the guide on how to manually install these drivers despite what your system manufacturer suggests here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...llation%29
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 06:32 PM by plutomaniac.)
08-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Find
TheUglyJellyfish Offline

(08-26-2011, 09:20 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Does your laptop also have an AMD card? If yes then I should try and find some info for this thread except the HP stuff: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html

For your problem now, download this:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

and follow the guide on how to manually install these drivers despite what your system manufacturer suggests here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030331.htm

Here is exactly what my manual says:
VIDEO
Discrete
Video Controller- AMD Radeon HD 6470M
NVIDIA Geoforce GT 525M
Video Memory 512 MB/1GB DDR3

UMA
Video Controller Intel HD Graphics 3000
Video Memory up to 1.6 GB shared memory

So now I know how to get into and disable my Intel graphics card, but I have no idea where the Hell my AMD, or NVIDIA is. I tried installing this omega center for NVIDIA and that did not work. I will try the steps you suggested though
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

actually you should have either the AMD or the NVIDIA dedicated but which one? I'm sure it is the AMD one. So I should search for AMD+Intel HD Dell laptop issues to add to my thread.

What is your exact laptop model? If you do not know send me your service tag through pm
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 06:15 PM by plutomaniac.)
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Find
TheUglyJellyfish Offline

I am actually attempting to work through the tutorial you gave me, but that one was for XP
Mine is a Dell Inspiron 15R with windows 7 on it. So that guide is pretty difficult to follow. I got to the part where it wants me to update the driver with igxp64.inf, but in my win7 folder, all I really have is .dll files. I do have igxpco64.dll, but no .inf
08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Sorry, this is the Vista(also 7) guide, it is much simpler:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...llation%29
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Find