Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Civ V
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Civ V

If you have Civ IV go play that instead. I played it for 90 minutes and enjoyed it but it is just as lifeless and monotonous as Civ IV. The world leaders still don't have any personality, the war aspect is still completely ignored and the gameplay still consists mostly of automating units and clicking on things. I just never "got" Civ IV, instead opting for the Total War series which has pretty much everything Civ IV has plus some of the best RTS gameplay ever. Here are the new things (from what I could gather):

-Better graphics
-Hexagons instead of squares (what a huge leap forward…)
-You now have to pay people to be your friends
-Cities now have the power to shoot at enemies

And that's pretty much it. I admit, I haven't even completed an entire game yet but I was just disappointed by the lack of innovation and I was so burned out after playing a 15 hour Civ IV campaign I just have no interest in this sort of gameplay at the moment. Maybe you'll like it but as I said, if you have Civ IV just play that. If you don't, then I guess it's worth the money (I paid like $7 during the Steam sale, I think $30 is probably a bit too much).
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Civ V - by Damascus Rose - 08-16-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Civ V - by Prelauncher - 08-16-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Civ V - by Bridge - 08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: Civ V - by Prelauncher - 08-16-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: Civ V - by Damascus Rose - 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM