Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
The one-week Environment #1 (Closed!) Updated with screens on post #1
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The one-week Environment #1 (Join!)

(07-05-2013, 05:24 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I'd suggest a much more simplistic theme that is possible with good use of vanilla assets:
Outdoor Village/Hamlet theme.

Day or night would be fine, a good example for the actual environment would be my arch:

[Image: 54E33C30223E0E3138197370A4D4348BD2E32222]

Of course, I can do a lot better than that now, and I'm certain a lot of you can definitely do better than that. I think it'd be a great way to become more practiced with the HPL2 engine and it'd produce some awesome screenies too etc.

With all the respect to that idea, I think the whole idea of this thread is to show some very unique themes. For example, underwater, temple, underground, like the first themes that were introduced.
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

Hell would be an awesome topic to do. I was thinking of a hell environment today after watching What Dreams May Come. Doesn't have to be too fiery, a cold and desolate hell would be cool too, like from Hellraiser 2
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

(07-05-2013, 05:33 PM)JonnyAnomaly Wrote: Hell would be an awesome topic to do. I was thinking of a hell environment today after watching What Dreams May Come. Doesn't have to be too fiery, a cold and desolate hell would be cool too, like from Hellraiser 2

Fiery or frozen, it doesn't matter, this place just needs to look like it will make all your nightmares come true Smile
Anywya glad to see people like the idea
07-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

what he said ^

also I'll take part in the next challenge, but it won't be amazing since i work two jobs now

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Great! Let's call this "done".

For coming environments I'm suggesting a 2-4 week period. In case people have been working dedicatedly at their environments, but aren't quite finished, now is the time to say "Hey man, I'm not done - wait a sec!".

To round everything up, I'd like to see the following posts be the final printscreens of everyone participating; for me to reference in the first post.

To everyone participating: Great work! You are awesome!

Edit: 1337 posts, I quit the forum.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 02:19 AM by Acies.)
07-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I am still working on mine from the previous one but I dont mind if you guys start on the next thing as long as I am allowed to post it here.
07-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(07-06-2013, 02:17 AM)Acies Wrote: Great! Let's call this "done".

For coming environments I'm suggesting a 2-4 week period. In case people have been working dedicatedly at their environments, but aren't quite finished, now is the time to say "Hey man, I'm not done - wait a sec!".

To round everything up, I'd like to see the following posts be the final printscreens of everyone participating; for me to reference in the first post.

To everyone participating: Great work! You are awesome!

Edit: 1337 posts, I quit the forum.

I know I am just [sarcasm]so awesome.[/sarcasm] Anyways, I already posted my final version of my screenshot. I tried messing around with it a couple times in the level editor after posting this version, but everything I changed just ultimately made it look worse, so it's staying as-is.

(06-25-2013, 04:39 AM)Kiandra Wrote:
Spoiler below!

100% HPL2 - watermark added in Photoshop, no other changes made.
[Image: homemade_temple_by_rueppells_fox-d6ajb9w.png]
Custom assets are obviously not mine since I can't get a simple billboard to open in Photoshop. Regardless, upper half of the walls are from Through the Portal and the door is from When Life No Longer Existed. If you want me to get rid of the custom assets used, let me know, I don't bite Smile
I know it's not really a "temple", but this is what I thought of. Definitely didn't get any inspiration from Tomb Raider... nope

So um, yeah, I'm going to bed now because I'm not entirely sure my posts are making sense anymore. G'night!

... Editing because I can: Anyone here good at trouble-shooting photoshop? It won't let me open the .dds files and I can't get the plug-in to work... Red candles would look so sexy in that screenshot (well, that's what I think anyways)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 08:33 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

Dis.
Spoiler below!

[Image: fap-l.png]

- Inactive account -
07-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

Here are the assets for this environment. There are a couple of dodgy texture areas up close on the floor and pillar, but not really noticeable in game so hopefully they can be useful for something. Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?eyb58ckby23h8lj
07-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Mine:

Screenshot
Spoiler below!

[Image: Amn_ABC_1024x640.jpg]

Making Of
Spoiler below!

[Image: image.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg]

Contains (Customized Stuff)
Spoiler below!

AmnABC_skybox.dds
ps_small_lights_1.ps
ps_small_lights_2.ps
ps_water_bubbles_1.ps
ps_water_bubbles_2.ps
ps_water_surface_1.ps
ps_water_surface_2.ps
ps_water_surface_3.ps
ps_water_wave_1.ps
ps_water_wave_2.ps
ps_water_wave_3.ps
water_surface_1.mat

Name and extension indicates what it is.

Download
http://www.moddb.com/members/xamn/addons/amn-abc

I'd recommend you unzip this on your Amnesia folder, it's set to replace the background menu.
Includes a backup of the original in case your want it back later.

And do whatever you want with it.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 09:09 PM by Daemian.)
07-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Find