Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
The one-week Environment #1 (Closed!) Updated with screens on post #1
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: The one-week Environment #1 (Join!)

Wait. What the hell are those paw prints? Come to think of it, what are those green checkerboards? Why is your HPL different than miiiiiiiine D:

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 09:25 PM by Streetboat.)
07-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

Customized hpl? Is this some kind of black magic?
07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

counted the side buttons and theres 12 both in his and mine so that grunt icon is likely just a reskin, same thing for the paws and checkers probably.

anyways I think I will be able to finish tommorrow, expect a close to finish screenshot at least...
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(07-08-2013, 09:22 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Wait. What the hell are those paw prints? Come to think of it, what are those green checkerboards? Why is your HPL different than miiiiiiiine D:
LOL, those are just billboards and ps icons.
I changed these because they are a little hard to click when you have too many together.

These images are in here /redist/editor/gui

07-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Also, I gotta ask, why did you do yours as a main menu, requiring you to change all sorts of shit when it could just be a custom story?

by the way, for a theme, I love the idea of Satanism. It reminds me of the old (unfortunately unplayable and broken) full conversion I tried to do before Bitterwood Peak called Standards of Hell, where you started out in the town of Tristram. The combination of medieval/gothic architecture and satanic undertones was probably my favorite thing I ever built in HPL2. Screenies follow.

Spoiler below!

[Image: SoHtristram3.jpg]
[Image: SoHtristram6.jpg]
[Image: SoHtristram7.jpg]

BOY would it be nice if Moddb didn't erase all of my best pictures from that mod. Pisses me off that they have a new rule in effect where your files will be erased if it isn't viewed or downloaded in a 2 month period.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 04:08 AM by Streetboat.)
07-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

2 months? Most mods I play have been around a long time, would be too bad if some of the less known but good mods went completely off the radar.

I liked the idea of your Diablo themed mod, would be cool to have multi layered dungeons in the same vein as diablo, with the same look and feel but some puzzles and traps thrown in. Those fields and woods and stuff surrounding the Rogue camp would make an awesome environment too.
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Well, where were you a year and a half ago when I was actually making progress on it? Tongue

07-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

BACHAM!!!
[Image: 2CWrNP6.png] will be uploading map and
assets later so you guys can see the waving reflection in-game.
Brighter version:
[Image: 3PqkuAK.png]

I suggest right clicking the image and opening it in a new tab because the forum size does not quite get all the detail.
07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(07-09-2013, 04:00 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Also, I gotta ask, why did you do yours as a main menu, requiring you to change all sorts of shit when it could just be a custom story?
What sort of things?
I just saved the map as menu_bg. That's all i had to do.
I open Amnesia and there it is, easy and quick to check the changes.

I don't know about you, but my mouse pointer gets stuck when i hit alt+tab from Amnesia to LevelEditor (in full screen).
And i wanted full screen to test this map. And setting the map as background menu was the best option.

Also, i got rid of several things in my Amnesia, it now opens faster, around 4-6 seconds. I love it.

07-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

(07-09-2013, 10:58 PM)Amn Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 04:00 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Also, I gotta ask, why did you do yours as a main menu, requiring you to change all sorts of shit when it could just be a custom story?
What sort of things?
I just saved the map as menu_bg. That's all i had to do.
I open Amnesia and there it is, easy and quick to check the changes.

I don't know about you, but my mouse pointer gets stuck when i hit alt+tab from Amnesia to LevelEditor (in full screen).
And i wanted full screen to test this map. And setting the map as background menu was the best option.

Also, i got rid of several things in my Amnesia, it now opens faster, around 4-6 seconds. I love it.
map viewer is a good option too.
07-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Find