Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Pewdiepie arguments Thread

Oh boy, I can see this thread going swimmingly.

I'm not a fan of him simply because I find his jokes to be immature, his reactions faked, and the majority of his fanbase are...unpleasant.
But, y'know, opinions on the internet.

09-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I don't hate him. Someone made one post mentioning the guy, and you make a thread. If only a few more people knew you, this could be a meme.
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Were you around for the Pewdiepie-map infestation? It was like a plague of not second-, not third-, not fourth- but fifth-rate stories meant just to give Pewdie something to scream about. It's probably still going on, but I just generally avoid the showcase and non-development mod forums. Me and a few friends have witnessed the slow decline in quality of custom stories in this particular community to the point where we almost don't know why we bother working to produce a mod for a community which values content that is unoriginal, shallow, and of low quality.

So no, I doubt anyone hates him, he's just had a profound impact on our little modding community in ways he likely did not intend.

Edit just in case anyone misinterprets this as disdain for Pewdiepie -- Pewdiepie is quite well-known in the gaming community and from what I've seen of most of his videos is pretty hilarious and entertaining.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM by palistov.)
09-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 05:41 PM)palistov Wrote: Were you around for the Pewdiepie-map infestation? It was like a plague of not second-, not third-, not fourth- but fifth-rate stories meant just to give Pewdie something to scream about. It's probably still going on, but I just generally avoid the showcase and non-development mod forums. Me and a few friends have witnessed the slow decline in quality of custom stories in this particular community to the point where we almost don't know why we bother working to produce a mod for a community which values content that is unoriginal, shallow, and of low quality.

So no, I doubt anyone hates him, he's just had a profound impact on our little modding community in ways he likely did not intend.
I was lucky enough to come in( Sleepy ) just as it was cooling down. I have been the first to witness a couple abominations, firsthand. So much. . . Stupid.
We lost many good men, and other, less noble women, who were really men? Either way, it sucked shriveled monkey testicles. (Pics or gtfo)
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

It was a dark time. We were drowning in the faeces of Skashi, Ultimegastriker, PewdieHumpers and over-zealous ponyfags.
One day we had enough. We fought a huge flamewar against them and we won. Hopefully, they will never come back.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(09-16-2012, 05:29 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: his reactions faked, and the majority of his fanbase are...unpleasant.
2 Reasons why i dont like him.

09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-16-2012, 05:41 PM)palistov Wrote: Edit just in case anyone misinterprets this as disdain for Pewdiepie -- Pewdiepie is quite well-known in the gaming community and from what I've seen of most of his videos is pretty hilarious and entertaining.
Are you kidding me? Nowadays, his videos ae just unfunny sexjokes, self-refering memes and jibberish.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I don't really see why saying he only screams is a "bad argument" (or why you're even considering it an argument at all). It's an opinion, I for one do not enjoy his videos because, well, he screams like a small child and make the kinds of jokes you'd here an 11 year old make. I guess that can be funny in small doses, but when it's EVERY DAMN VIDEO it just gets annoying. I'm sorry, I just don't find a man yelling "AAAAH PENIS VAGINA!!!" over some dumb jumpscare to be funny. That, plus what Palistov said. But can I ask, why do you call that an argument? Like I said, it's an opinion. I don't enjoy his videos so I don't watch them, and if asked about it I'm most likely going to give a negative opinion about him and tell you the reason I don't like him are for those reasons stated. I'm sure there's a music genre out there there that you don't like, but why exactly don't you like it? "I dunno, cause it doesn't sound good to me." same concept.

Posting Freak
09-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 06:12 PM)Kman Wrote: I don't really see why saying he only screams is a "bad argument" (or why you're even considering it an argument at all). It's an opinion, I for one do not enjoy his videos because, well, he screams like a small child and make the kinds of jokes you'd here an 11 year old make. I guess that can be funny in small doses, but when it's EVERY DAMN VIDEO it just gets annoying. I'm sorry, I just don't find a man yelling "AAAAH PENIS VAGINA!!!" over some dumb jumpscare to be funny. That, plus what Palistov said. But can I ask, why do you call that an argument? Like I said, it's an opinion. I don't enjoy his videos so I don't watch them, and if asked about it I'm most likely going to give a negative opinion about him and tell you the reason I don't like him are for those reasons stated. I'm sure there's a music genre out there there that you don't like, but why exactly don't you like it? "I dunno, cause it doesn't sound good to me." same concept.
Every time someone doesn't fully understand why something just isn't enjoyed by them, I'm gonna say "I love a darling bath in substance, don't you? Good for the body and the mind."
09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 05:29 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I'm not a fan of him simply because I find his jokes to be immature, his reactions faked, and the majority of his fanbase are...unpleasant.
But, y'know, opinions on the internet.
^

This sums my reasons up pretty well.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Website Find