Title: QA tester & Hardware admin
Focus: Continuous QA testing of the studio’s games and tools as well as setup/administration of hardware and network components.
Type: Full time permanent position
Last day to apply: 2024-03-31
Location: Preferably onsite at the Malmö office.
The studio currently has two games in the pipeline and as an integral part of making those games as stable as possible, we need someone like you:
Someone who loves playing games and has a keen eye for the small details, details that could break a game if not attended to. Someone for whom structure and clear communication is second nature. We also need someone who has a basic interest and understanding of hardware (PC, console) and networks, that can share their time between QA and helping the rest of the team with things like setting up PC’s, managing devkits, executing new game builds and the like. A person who likes helping others do their job.
What will you work on?
You will work on many different tasks but mainly in the two areas of QA Testing and Hardware administration. You will help perform important tests and evaluations throughout our games’ whole life cycles, from development to post release. The development teams will be highly dependent on your input and you are expected to be in constant contact with other disciplines throughout the development process.
The nature of the job will be quite varied depending on the current needs of the different projects. There will be some periods more focused on QA, others on managing certification tasks and then other periods requiring your help with setup and administration of hardware.
Your main tasks will be:
- Thoroughly testing the full game or specific areas of the game. Then documenting and communicating your findings in a structured manner to other parts of the development team or, if possible, correct simpler issues yourself.
- Where needed, use our level editor to set up test levels in order to test, evaluate and identify problems in our systems.
- Readily reply to follow up questions and add further information that can help fix a problem.
- Continuously go back and verify that issues previously reported have now been resolved.
- Be in charge of our helpdesk system. Making sure that reported issues are allocated to the team and responded to.
- Help out making new builds of our games. Be it for testing or release purposes.
- Participate in work related to certification and release.
- Help the team with things related to PC specifications and setup, administering devkits and basically making sure that our general infrastructure is up and running (even if you take help from our IT partner to do so).
What are we looking for?
You have to be a EU/EEA resident to apply.
The person we’re looking for is driven and self-sufficient. Great communication skills and structured mindset are essential for this role. We are looking for someone who doesn’t shy away from getting their hands dirty, can bounce between different tasks and that has a genuine drive to help others in doing their jobs.
Here are some essential skills we require:
- Good written communication skills in English
- A high level of gaming experience within different genres
- A strong love for playing games, even if it means playing the same section over and over again
- Ability to switch between and work on a variety of tasks
- A basic understanding of PC and console hardware
- A desire to promote structure, efficiency, and clarity
- Finding joy in efficiently and positively communicating with people both internally and externally
These will be considered a plus:
- You live in Sweden. Especially a plus if you live in Malmö
- Experience in playing games similar to the ones we make at Frictional
- You have worked with QA before
- Experience working with JIRA and Zendesk
- Experience from working in the games industry
Some hardware requirements:
- A computer to work from when you need to work from home.
- A fast and stable internet connection.
What do we offer?
We are a small team, which means you will be able to work on a wide variety of things and contribute to our studio in a meaningful way.
We also believe a healthy balance between work and life reflects positively on your work. We offer a variety of perks for our full-time employees, especially those who live in or relocate to Sweden. We also don’t encourage crunch.
Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to influence your workflow
- Variety in your work tasks
- Participation in our internal Show & Tell sessions, so you’ll have input into all aspects of our games
- Social security and holidays that are up to the Swedish standards
- An inclusive and respectful work environment
- An office in central Malmö you can use as much as you please
- Fun workmates, game and movie nights, and other outings!
How to apply?
Did the position pique your interest? Are you the person we’re looking for? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that the application must be with us latest on 2024-03-31 for us to consider it.
Please send us your:
- Cover letter (why you should work with us, what do you bring to the table)
Send your application to email@example.com