We are now looking for a “Community Manager and Event Coordinator” for our company. This will be a very broad role and we are looking for someone who is very driven and creative. The tasks will range from the simple, such as:
- Managing our social media accounts and platform-specific communication channels (such as Steam communities and PS4 Game hub).
- Answering various emails.
- Coordinating and booking special internal and external events.
It will also include much more complex tasks such as:
- Planning and coordinating PR for a new game release.
- Making plans for improving our social media and implementing these.
- Overseeing a revamp of all our webpages (company and game-specific).
- Becoming the company’s catalyst for generating interesting posts and events on all of our public channels.
The basic requirements are as follows:
- It’s crucial that you are a person who is highly able to work on your own initiative. No one will be laying out an exact schedule of things that you must do – you will need to drive your own workload. You will also need to be a creative member of the team, bringing a lot of your own ideas and suggestions to the table and then going on to implement them when possible.
- You must live in Sweden or be prepared to move here. Note that any employment starts with a six month trial period, and there is no need to move until that is over.
- You must have excellent writing skills in English.
- You need good knowledge of how social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, works.
- You should have a burning interest in video games and an understanding of the market.
It’s worth noting that we do not require any special education or experience. While these are of course good to have, what really matters is that you fit the requirements above.
In order to apply, start by doing the following assignments:
- Imagine that SOMA is about to be released. Write a short (at most 150 words) and playful cover letter that will be sent out with all of the review copies of the game.
- We really need to become much more frequent in our social media usage and communicate what we do as a company and what we are like as individuals. In 200 words or less, explain how you would try to go about increasing the number of interesting posts on our social media channels.
- An angry user has written an email complaining that our games have all become worse since Penumbra, as they no longer have proper puzzles and gameplay. Write a response.
- Being proactive and self-starting is crucial for this position. Therefore, write your own question similar to the ones above and answer it.
Compile these into a PDF that has a pleasing layout and send it along with your CV.