Title: Studio Assistant & Communicator
Focus: Assisting the Studio Manager with executing a wide variety of tasks involved in operating the studio
Type: Full time permanent position
Last day to apply: 2020-03-31
Location: Remote during covid restrictions. After that onsite at the Malmö office.
There is a lot going on day to day at the studio, and it all needs to be coordinated and taken care of by someone, and this is where we are looking for you:
Someone who loves to meet and greet others, who excels in sorting things out, and who likes to put communication (both written and spoken) at the center of what they are doing. You will form a team with the Studio Manager where you will help ensure that all the tasks needed to make our studio run smoothly are taken care of.
What will you work on?
You will work on many different tasks, ranging from recurring things such as reading through and answering our incoming emails and making sure they end up with the right person in the studio, to discussing strategic projects with the Studio Manager and helping execute them.
The nature of the job is widely varied, and depends to a degree on your skills and how you can best apply yourself in the different projects we run at a studio level (such as recruitment, marketing and PR, running community events, or sorting out everything needed for a team get-together).
However, your main focus will be:
- Checking our contact and application email inboxes daily, answering applicants, and making sure people who reach out are taken care of.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager to discuss and execute strategic projects in the studio.
- Coordinating different initiatives such as recruitment, organizing get-togethers, or collecting feedback from the team etc.
- Being the main contact for issues regarding our physical office in Malmö, and making sure that it runs smoothly by taking care of recurring needs connected to it (restocking material, taking care of post, coordinating schedules for maintenance etc.)
- Helping out with monitoring what happens in our community, and help with communication with our community through official channels.
What are we looking for?
You have to be a EU/EEA resident to apply.
The person we’re looking for is driven and self-sufficient. Great communication and organization skills are essential for this role. We are looking for someone who doesn’t shy away from getting their hands dirty, and can bounce between different tasks while keeping those who need to be in the loop informed on what’s happening.
Here are some essential skills we require:
- Great verbal and written communication skills in both English and Swedish
- Experience as a studio assistant, receptionist, coordinator or similar role
- An interest in communication, coordination and/or studio management
- A love for working on a variety of tasks
- A desire to promote structure, efficiency, and clarity
- Willingness to relocate to Malmö, if you don’t already live here
These will be considered a plus:
- You live in Sweden. Especially a plus if you live in Malmö
- An interest in video games
- Experience in reading agreements
- Experience in Photoshop
- You have run a community or worked as a community manager or social media manager
- Experience from working in the games industry
- Your native language is English
Some hardware requirements:
- A computer to work from when you need to work from home.
- A fast and stable internet connection
What do we offer?
We are a small team, which means you will be able to work on a wide variety of things and contribute to our studio in a meaningful way.
We also believe a healthy balance between work and life reflects positively on your work. We offer a variety of perks for our full-time employees, especially those who live in or relocate to Sweden. We also don’t encourage crunch.
Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to influence your workflow
- Variety in your work tasks
- Participation in our internal Show & Tell sessions, so you’ll have input into all aspects of our games
- Social security and holidays that are up to the Swedish standards
- An inclusive and respectful work environment
- An office in central Malmö you can use as much as you please
- Fun workmates, game and movie nights, and other outings!
How to apply?
Did the position pique your interest? Are you the person we’re looking for? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that the application must be with us latest on 2020-03-31 for us to consider it.
Please send us your:
- Cover letter (why you should work with us, what do you bring to the table)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org