Focus: Animate, handle motion capture data, and implement animations for characters and objects in our future games
Type: Full time permanent position
Last day to apply:
Ongoing, no end date. Will update the ad when the position is filled. Position is filled.
Location: Remote or in Malmö office
The characters in our games are the actors on our stage. It’s their performances that convey our stories, and their movements are a big part of convincing our players that the world we built for them is alive.
We want to expand our animation team, and are now looking for you, our new animator! Help us build our upcoming games and bring to life a new cast of characters to tell our next generation of stories.
What will you work on?
We are looking for an experienced animator who will work together with our animation team to animate characters and objects, and help implement those animations in our games. You will work with both animating directly and manipulating motion capture data.
Our next Secret Project is in pre-production, which means that you would find yourself helping out with establishing pipelines and practices for a good workflow.
We are a small studio, and see that as one of our core strengths. You will have a great impact on our games, animating both characters and creatures, and you will tackle a wide variety of challenges and tasks throughout our projects.
Even though we are a small team and work on different things, your main focus will be:
- Animating characters, creatures, and objects in tools such as Maya or MotionBuilder.
- Exporting game-ready assets and helping implement them in the game.
- Take part in coordinating outsourcing work related to animation, and reviewing outsourced work.
- Preparing, capturing, manipulating, and editing motion capture data.
- Working in close collaboration with the rest of the team to define our games’ animation needs.
- Take part in researching and defining our animation tech needs (from an animator perspective) and collaborating with our developers to account for those needs.
What are we looking for?
You have to be a EU/EEA resident for us to be able to offer relocation. We do consider applications from outside the EU/EEA, but prefer them to be located in similar time zones to ease communication.
The person we’re looking for is creative, driven, and self-sufficient. Being a remote team such as ours, organizing your own work and communicating clearly with the rest of the team are fundamental skills we require.
We welcome applicants regardless of background, situation, sexual orientation, religion, and similar, so don’t let anything like that hold you back from applying!
Here are some essential skills we require:
- At least 2 years experience as an animator for games or other real time applications. Hobby projects also count as experience.
- Experience using a tool such as Maya or MotionBuilder.
- A good understanding of animation and motion, and how they affect the player experience
- A good understanding of animation pipelines from conception until final implementation of animation in the game
- Great communication skills
- A critical approach to your work, where you think things through, reflect and improve
- Ability to challenge yourself and tackle new obstacles head-on
- A strive for structure, efficiency, and clarity
- Interest in, and ability to do, research around animation and animation implementation
- Love for working on a variety of tasks
- Fluency in English
Here are some hardware essentials. This is especially important if you would like to work from home either full time or part of the time:
- A Windows PC that runs AAA games that came out the last few years on high quality.
- Hardware and equipment to work with. Additional equipment can be provided as we go, but it’s important to have something to start working with.
- A fast and stable internet connection.
If you really want to impress us:
- You have been responsible for animation in at least one game from its conception to its launch.
- Can script in mel and / or python for Autodesk applications.
- You have experience in rigging and skinning.
These things will be considered a plus:
- You live in Sweden
- You have experience in blend trees and animation state machines
What do we offer?
We are a small team, which means you will be able to work on a wide variety of things and contribute to our future games in a meaningful way.
We also believe a healthy balance between work and life reflects positively on your work. We offer a variety of perks for our full-time employees, especially those who live in or relocate to Sweden. We also don’t encourage crunch.
Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support to Malmö if you would like to move here
- Flexibility if you need to go to the doctor or other appointments during work hours
- One health hour per week to use for work out or other health activities during work hours
- Opportunities to influence your workflow
- Variety in your work tasks, and ability to influence your workload
- Participation in our internal game Show & Tell sessions, so you’ll have input into all aspects of the game
- Social security and holidays that are up to the Swedish standards
- An inclusive and respectful work environment
- An office in central Malmö you can use as much as you please
- Fun workmates, game and movie nights, and other outings!
How to apply?
Did the position pique your interest? Are you the person we’re looking for? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that the application period will be ongoing until we find the right person for the position. Therefore, it might take some time for us to reply to your message.
Please send us your:
- Cover letter (why you should work with us, what do you bring to the table)
- Portfolio (or links to your works)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org