Frictional Games, the makers of Amnesia and SOMA, are hiring a new Studio Coordinator to join our team.
Title: Studio Coordinator
Focus: Helping out with day to day coordination and operation of the studio
Type: Full time, permanent position
Last day to apply: Ongoing process. The earlier the better.
Do you love being the spider in the web? Are you driven by a desire to help others and make sure things happen as they are supposed to? Read on, this might be for you!
Frictional Games is an almost 30 people strong studio, with a majority of the team members scattered across different locations in Europe. We have an office in Malmö, which serves as a hub for gatherings, and the main working place for roughly a third of our team. For all game development that happens, there is always something around it that needs to be taken care of.
We are now looking to strengthen our studio’s operation team by hiring a Studio Coordinator, and we were hoping it would be you!
What will you work on?
You will join a small team consisting of yourself, the Studio Assistant / Communicator, and the Studio Manager, who you will report to.
Your tasks will be widely varied and depending on the current focus of the studio. One day it might be ordering plane tickets for the entire team to gather up in Malmö, another could be coordinating play-tests with external testers, and a third day it might be to run a retrospective meeting by the end of a sprint.
You will execute tasks in most areas of the studio that lie outside of the actual games, and be part of the team that greases the Frictional Games machinery to make sure the studio runs without hick-ups and as expected.
A non-exhaustive list of things we want you to help us with:
- Run sprint-wise retrospective meetings
- Coordinate and execute purchases of licenses, courses, equipment and beyond
- Coordinate vacation schedule with the whole team
- Making sure the office runs as it should, and is stocked with whatever materiel that’s needed
- Help organize playtests together with the Studio Assistant
- Support accountant with bookkeeping and salary related coordination
- Making sure all non-bookkeeping administration is done correctly and in a structured manner
- Help with all manners of release management for our games
- Read and feedback on contracts
- Help run recruitment processes
- Checking post at the office, and sending packages and post to others when needed
- Help execute studio projects depending on the studio’s current needs
This is a spider-in-the-web kind of role, where you will handle tasks in many areas of work at the same time, but you will not be alone, and you will of course not do all tasks at once either. It all depends on the current needs of the studio, and you will have support in prioritizing your work.
What are we looking for?
You have to be a EU/EEA resident and either live in or be willing to relocate to Malmö to apply.
The person we’re looking for loves structure, administration, coordination and project management. We are looking for someone who is hands on (a doer) who will join our Studio Assistant and Management to carry out tasks in various areas.
It should be clearly stated that this is not a management role, and as such we are open to junior applicants as well: The important part is that you love coordinating and making sure stuff happens! Previous experience from the game industry is not at all a requirement, however an interest in games and the game industry is a big plus.
Here are some essential skills we require:
- Experience in coordination, project management, office management, operations or similar. For example in a role as studio assistant, receptionist, administrator, accountant or similar.
- An affinity for structure and administration.
- Being autonomous and able to plan and execute their own work.
- Skilled in using the Google suite (especially Google Sheets), or similar software suites (Microsoft Office, Libre Office etc.).
- Great spoken and written communication skills in both Swedish and English.
- A strive for efficiency, and clarity.
- Ability to challenge yourself and tackle new obstacles head-on.
- A critical approach to your work, where you think things through, reflect and improve.
These will be considered a plus:
- You live in Malmö already, or will relocate here for the job.
- An interest in games and gaming.
- Experience of bookkeeping.
- Experience in project management software such as Jira.
- Knowledge of Swedish labour laws.
What do we offer?
We believe that a healthy balance between work and life reflects positively on your work. We offer a variety of perks for our full-time employees and we work to avoid overtime and crunch.
Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work from home up to 2.5 days a week.
- Opportunities to influence your workflow.
- Variety in your work tasks, and ability to influence your workload.
- Participation in our internal game Show & Tell sessions, where you can input into all aspects of our games.
- Vacation and social securities that are up to Swedish standards.
- Monthly retirement savings at 10% of your salary.
- Generous flexibility for health appointments during work hours.
- One optional health hour per week, and a yearly health maintenance benefit.
- An inclusive and respectful work environment.
- An office in central Malmö you can use as much as you please.
- Fun workmates, game and movie nights, and other outings!
How to apply?
Did the position pique your interest? Are you the person we’re looking for? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that the application period will be ongoing until we find the right person for the position. Therefore it might take some time for us to reply to your message.
Please send us your:
- Cover letter (why should we pick YOU?)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org