Hello everyone, I will be creating a new custom story called The Farm.
It will be my first custom story but I will work on it to my best knowledge and hardest effort, it will be a medium-long custom story with a good balance of chase, jump, and psychological scares.
Maps and story by: xxgrangierxx
Scripting and other stuff: Xanthos (Created Cloud of Confusion)
- First three rooms were created. Thunderstorm knocked out power and save was forgotten leaving only the first room complete. :/
- Finished first room completely with dressers, doors, a bed and other entities.
- Expecting some late night work on a second and third room.
- Scripting is out of my knowledge, I plan to finish the rooms basics and then come back to them.
- FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK CRASHES.
- Did the WHOLE DAMN HOUSE and while adding ceiling to top floor game crashed, didn't save for an hour.
- New rule, save every time ANY entity or primitive is added.
- 8 rooms were lost may they R.I.P
- Too pissed to continue tonight. Will continue either tomorrow or the 19th.
- Scripting problem has been solved. Will be done by the member Xanthos. Thanks, man.
- Cynthia and Elizabeth Turner voice acting job removed, didn't seem necessary.
- Nathaniel's voice acting job was taken.
- In both positives and negatives, very eventful learning process
- Received 2 voice acting auditions, one of them was for three characters!
- Fixed up the first room a little, had a chandelier that was out of control so replaced with table and tri-candlestick.
- Adding furniture and entities to the main floor tomorrow!
- Haven't worked in a while, kinda just went into mapviewer and fixed all the problems I noticed.
- It's Spring Break! So I decided I'll be staying in Indiana! (Where I live) So if I get nothing to do on the weekdays this week I'll try to work on the level editor.
- Voice acting is being decided. I need entries quick so they can compete with the other 3 I got!
- Damn, a whole month gone without an update. Okay, this will only be used for major updates, crashes, breaks, long editing hours, etc.
- So I finally got back to it, added lights to windows and torches, room seem dark on Map viewer, I guess I gotta fix that too.
- Voice acting will be decided soon.
- Voice Acting finally decided!
- Finishing first map and started on 2nd.
- Scripting throughout June?
I do have a YouTube channel in which I might upload updates on the custom story within the next month: http://www.youtube.com/user/xXGrangierXx
- Western Virginia, Colonies of Great Britain
- Main Character: Gabriel Barnes (22)
- Secondary Characters: Gregory Wright, William Powell, and Paul Hayes
- Enemies (The Turner Family)
- Father Turner
- Mother Turner
- Nathaniel Turner (In between sibling)
- Ruth Turner (Female) (Youngest sibling)
- Cynthia Turner (Female) (Oldest sibling)
It has been a glorious day for today is Gabriel Barnes' birthday. For this occasion, his father has given him his very own carriage along with two, well-kept stallions. He is so excited he cannot wait to tell his best friends, Gregory Wright, William Powell, and Paul Hayes, who are all drinking at the tavern, the great news. When he arrives Gabriel's friends are astonished at his present! They are so happy for Gabriel on his birthday they buy him some drinks... A little too many. Without Gabriel's common sense, his friends tempt him to take them out on a ride in his new carriage. Along the road he starts getting even more involved with the peer pressure. William tells him that he's bored, he says he wants to see some action. Gabriel falls into the pressure and spurs his horses to go as quickly as they can! When all of the sudden, some flickering of light passes by his eye, he thinks to himself, how is there light all the way out here in the brush? Then, he hears a loud neighing sound and both horses start to buck off the carriage!The horses buck free and send the group tumbling into a ditch. Before falling into the ditch with the rest of his friends and the carriage, Gabriel catches the sight of a snake slithering past them, he knew it must of startled the horses, he somehow thought in all the commotion. As the crash of the carriage goes of and a spew of red comes from his arm and the back of the carriage, he sees the light again. He attempts to crawl away before the lantern they had lit burns the carriage and Gabriel himself. He hears a grunting and a large, odd shaped human figure shuffling in the brush on the other side of the road.
There is something coming for them.
Turner Family Story:
When the town was first created the Turner's were the most renowned family to live there, respected immensely by the rest of the settlers. Richard Turner was fascinated by the power of Christ, he was a little too religious for some of the settlers though. It seemed to them that every move they made, Richard would be the first to criticize them about their sin. Accusing women who knew a little more than men, claiming witchcraft against the girls. It got to the point where he attempted to kill his own son for breaking the code of abstinence with the town's teenage beauty Elizabeth, claiming he was the son of the devil himself. He was only stopped by their neighbor's son, a peer to Richard's boy, named Isaac Barnes. Telling the news of the poor boy, named James, the town took arms and stormed the house. They set fire to Richard's home before he knew what all the noise outside was. He quickly claimed his wife in the household and dashed off into the woods. Meanwhile, James had gone to Elizabeth's house and convinced her to escape with the Turner's. Elizabeth and James found the trail of his father and mother and found them setting up camp in the brush. They were never seen again. The town got through what had happened that night a short month later. Everything went on normally.
20 years after the incident, Isaac Barnes had a son named Gabriel. Along with the birth of their neighbors children, all of them being male, in the circle of homes they built. 8 years after the birth of Gabriel, Paul, William, and Gregory; Isaac heard two faint scream in the woods. Almost to the point where he couldn't figure out if it might have just been some sort of animal. The next day a shocking site feasted upon the eyes of the circle of neighbors, right where the Turner's house used to stand, hung on a rope were Richard and Mrs. Turner. Scratched across their forehead, with what seemed to be as dull as finger nails, was the word "SIN" in all capital letters.
Voice Acting Jobs:
- Courtland Grangier (xxgrangierxx)
- Micah Bain
William Powell - Ben Potter
- Harabec Reynolds (TheMadAsshatter
(James) Father Turner
- Alex Lomax (Tmoney7653) (YouTube account and reviser of this custom story)
- Melissa Morgan
Nathaniel Turner - Riku Lempiäinen
Thanks to everyone for trying out! It was so hard to decide!
- Please leave any tips or anything you could have for a beginner, I'm very open to criticism!
- Will be released around June-July if I can get at least an hour a day, which is modest.
- Map Testers may be wanted soon.